peace and war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ashley C, Mar 2, 2010.

1. tell me whats the diffrent between peacekeeper and soldier? booth have guns and bombs and they use it... its just another propaganda word to let it sound more friendlier and more idealistic... its war under wrong flag.
    it doesnt matter if its USA or another country... everyone would do that if they would be in their position as an "world leader"... and every other country who wants to be that, do it to attest their strength. complicated topic

2. #2 Chaohinon, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    At the risk of being hyperbolic, not once in the history of the world has war been used to do good. And how could it? Since the cost of being an agent of violence is one's ability to empathize with another's pain.

And you're right, I'm sick of this retarded practice of using different words to describe the same activities. If you take logic seriously, then there's no reasonable difference between a "soldier" or a "terrorist" or "gangster". In either case, the word describes a person who is dearly devoted to using violence as a tool for personal or political gain.

3. I cant answer youre question. But that is a badass quote right above me. The marines are hardcore man.

4. I thought peacekeepers were only allowed to return fire.

Ie. not start engagements, just keep the two warring factions apart. At least if we're talking UN Rwanda incident or something.

5. There is no difference, not truly. You are absolutely right. It is a way to sugarcoat and distract; an attempt to justify coercion at gunpoint.

War and everything which is associated with it is nothing but destructive.

P.S. Dallas FTW.... except for the fucked up weather we've had lately and the terrible drivers, wtf.

6. Euphemism/Dysphemism, basically.

It's not killing your fellow soldier, it's "friendly fire", it's not killing innocent civilians, it's "collateral damage", it's not massive firings and lay-offs, it's "downsizing"; you know?

7. Haha that shit got here earlier...but for the question. I think a peace keeper may be represented best by the soldiers with guns but no ammo. I'm speaking specifically about the soldiers that were deployed in Haiti to just "keep the peace", no ammo just guns.

8. Americans (or atleast our politcians) have a sick lust for war. It seems as though they think a war is the answer to everything.. War on drugs War on Terror War in Iraq War in Afghanistan

Any similarities?

They all suck.

And if you don't think the war on drugs constitutes a war.. Its probably caused more deaths than every other war in recent American history.

9. Without war, or the threat of war, there would be no peace or freedom.

10. Yes! War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. :rolleyes: