PC Tower Micro Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mrbb7197, May 7, 2013.

1. #1 mrbb7197, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
    PC GROW BOX 5/7/13

My friends and I have been wanting to grow bud for a while, I mean who wouldn't? Free shit that you DONT[/B] have to pay for.. sounds good to me. So then where would we grow and not get caught? easy.. a PC GROW BOX

Materials we started out with
    -power strip
    -computer tower (Dimensions: 6" W. 16x16" l & H)
    -mylar (reflective material)
    -hot glue gun
    -reflective tape

I cracked open the PC box on its sliding hinges and checked out the inside. Carefully took out both of the fans so they can be set up later then went to town on ripping out all of the excess materials inside.. took awhile. Some stuff just comes rite out while other stuffs a real pain in the ass.

(PC box before being gutted)
    photo-1.jpg

After the PC box was totally gutted I took the whole thing outside and sprayed it down to get rid of all the dust that was on the inside. After I let it air dry then cut strips of the mylar and hot glued them to the inside of the case so that all sides were covered in reflective material. Once I was finished gluing on the mylar I used reflective tape to get the parts that I missed.

(Final Product)
    photo.jpg

Now the next step is to order all of the other materials for the grow and get the power strip glued on to the ceiling of the case so then I can just stack the plant on books or something to adjust how far away the lights are.

Some things in my Amazon cart:

Coco Coir
    Perlite
    Activated Carbon (for odor)
    6500K lumen CFL's (x4)
    Socket splitters
    Ph tester + Up and Down Kit

Does this seem like a good list? Anything else that anyone might recommend?

[/B][/B][/B]

2. Looks great, I'm planning on doing the same thing, except I was dumb and I started my seeds before I finished my box, now the seedlings are being tortured by little light and a bad cab.

You definitely need one of those outlet timers though so you can set up the light schedule!

-subbed

3. I just helped my friend build a case that looks exactly like yours on tuesday
    The way it opens up is somewhat different/interesting.