PC Tower Grow Box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shogun, Jun 29, 2008.

1. My friend said he would build me a grow box out of a PC tower. What I want to know is how much weed could you get out of a 2 plant PC tower grow box?

PC towers aren't that big at all. :confused:

2. Only thing you can grow is a PC tower are bean sprouts. You need space to grow pot.

3. lmao! its true man.
    unless you Autoflower (12/12 from seed) and even then your gonna need a space bigger than a pc tower. ventilation is bad in those things even if you pimp it out. Soo many hot spots.

they are only good stealth if you need a spot to root your clones before sending them to the veg room. i mean you could probably start 5 to 6 dixie cups with seedlings in there for 2 weeks and then put them somewhere else. but its pretty much a waiste of time and cost in materials.

yeah they look cool but they arent worth it.:cool:

4. From what I've read on here and another forum, it's difficult to get even 3/4 - 1 oz out of those things -- and that's with using strains like Lowryder. I have seen some other people really pimp out their boxes and get more, but by that time it would save you a ton of money just to buy a cabinet.

5. don't be deterred by others' opinions! If it's your first grow and you have little to no experience, I'd say a properly built pc case might just be the way to go. And if your friend knows how to set one up already then you should be good to go. If not, by the end you'll both know a hell of a lot more about setting up a grow space without destroying your closet or dropping a ton of money on lightning and whatnot just to lose interest later.

I say go for it! If nothing else, it's knowledge gained

-symp

6. if thats the case then he should have never posted asking for opinions, and if its his first grow dont you think more space=less problems=easier grow for a begginner?
    my friend made two of those, and they were a waist of time and space in his room.
    but dont listen to me ive only seen them in action
    :cool:

7. yea it sounded to good to be true. I mean weed grows big, PC towers are like 2 feet tall, tops, and I have never seen one that big.

It would be for personal use but I can't see the thing producing anything good for me even with 2 plants.

8. Don't bash a guy who's trying to help someone in need when you don't even know proper grammar.

9. i got a pc grow box and with the propper lST, scrog training you can get over an ounce

10. When using something like a PC box as a grow cabinet, you have many more things you have to do to be successful. PRUNE, TRAIN, PRUNE AGAIN. Pruning will teach your plant to grow more bushy and shorter. There are also sprays I have heard about that encouage shorter/busher growth (I have not used myself).

Chris Higgins
    Chiggins@hydro-unlimited.com
    Hydro-Unlimited.Com Owner
    BS Horticulture

11. If I were you I wouldn't try to grow it in there. Especially if its your first grow. It would be much easier to go through your first one with more space to think. I just think it would become too much of a hassle. Do what your feeling though man. And with the pruning, there are a lot of mistakes to be had when doing it too much. LST would probably be the best bet, but you still would need to flower early. But, with whatever you decide, happy growing!

12. clarify my coment on pruning. Pruning needs to be done little at a time. Pruning encourages the stems of your plant to branch more which causes denser growth. I do suggest looking at how to prune properly, TONS of information and its simple, just need to know.

13. mmm i know quite a few people used to get an ok turnout with pc cases on overgrow but its likely they had experience on hand......but nothing is impossible i mean if you have the means just make a grow box out of a storage cabinet or use a closet but if this is your only choice..........id rather try and fail then sit on my ass and do nothing just because some people said it wouldnt be possible, if everybody did that this would be a pretty shitty world

14. im not sure this guy may be a member here but check it out [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ITZdusZAc]YouTube - Low Ryder V-blog 1 PC Marijuana grow case[/ame]

15. by looking at some pics and reading a bit, i noticed that most people are just heading out and buying pc tower thinking that is what they seen the guy on you tube grow in...

what you need to buy is a Full Server tower, Not a pc tower
    the difference is somewhere between 7-10 inches higher in height

16. my tower box is 24inches high