PC Stealth grow LED and CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sirpsycho96, Jan 24, 2010.

1. #1 sirpsycho96, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    Ok so this is my first true indoor grow but not first ever grow. I germinated three plants from a selection of good seeds mostly skunk. This grow is already so messed up, one of the seedlings had a deformed first true set of leaves then the second set one of the leaves had four not three individal leaves. Another seedling did something ive never seen before, no second set of leaves ever grew but instead after a while it turns out the plant has self topped its self (not bad for the small space grow). The final seedling I did later in a panic that I'd get no females :) turned out to be a good idea as its completely normal and already getting a smell.

As for the setup it's a pc tower 28" I think with a 60W LED grow light and a 23W daylight CFL which are both on 20/4h. Theres two fans both with homemade active carbon filters that can be turned off independantly of the lights for added stealth if needed but are normally on 24/7. Theres a video of the setup on youtube: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Hao6y1AVM"]YouTube - PC stealth grow box[/ame]
    I know it's sideways im sorry it was a direct upload and i helf the camera sideways.

Well heres the plants from day one to now (about a week), bare in mind the normal plant is two days younger. They will of course be LST'd when theyre big enough

Attached Files:

2. nice set up, i wana see how this comes out. how did you make your homemade carbon filters?

3. Thanks ill try to keep it updated at least weekly. The carbon filters are just store bought active carbon placed in a mesh on the outside of the intake fan and a slightly larger one on the inside of the outake fan.

4. #4 sirpsycho96, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
    Ok so next update comes tomorrow, week 2. Im thinking i may have to flower the tomorrow too due to time constraints have to go home for easter so seeing as i dont know what strain these are specificly i dont know the flowering time so even if i flower the tomorrow thats only 8 weeks max until i have to leave :( sad times would like to veg them for longer.

They are all looking great, the one that self topped itself is a highly indica strain (if i remeber correctly the last indica strain I had was some very nice stuff so its probably that) the deformed one is growing really well and is no longer atall deformed and looks like an indica sativa cross heavy on the sativa, theyve all stayed really short and bushy but ive lstd this one anyway due to the short timescale to get some side branching gowing which it is. And lastly the youngster is going sssllloooowwwww but is stinking already and is very sativaie so im thinking thats one of my skunk seeds.

Im really hoping theyre all female I know its not much room but having a nice selection for a while would be great :)

So pictures coming tomorrow.

Wow im really rambling thats alot to read anyways any tip or advice on me flwering them so soon is much apreciated.

5. Ok so heres the week 2 update, scrap them flowering today dont have the heart to do it ill have to sort out some way of them being watered whilst im away for a week, so thats 2 more week vegatative unless they put on a growth spurt.

They are all staying bushy the one i lstd has just yesterday started side shoots :) its going to be like a pot with a cannabis afro. The one that self topped has recovered from its personal surgery and is starting to grow nice and fast and bush aswell. The youngster is not growing quite so fast and isnt quite so bushy (but its not atall streched) but i found out looking at the dates its not two days younger its four so i'll forgive it for being slow.

Todays question is for flowering what nutes should i get, im not looking for a range its a pc grow just one bottle for the whoe flowering stage bear in mind im in the UK and live no where near and hydro shops.

Heres the babies, enjoy:

Attached Files:

6. Only thing I can recommend is to get that light as close as possible all the way around. What kind of LED are you using? manufacturer? Watts? Spectrum? Cost? If you dont mind sharing.....

7. Checked out your setup, very nice and lol to the banana unless it worked. not sure other that the led is 60w full spectrum.

I know about the closeness and they have been about an inch from the cfl and touching the led but I actualy want them to strech a tiny bit si i can lst them to get some more side branching going.

Thanks for your responce.

8. sounds like a plan....good luck! ill be keeping a watch on your grow..! Peace

9. Weekly update a day late this week sorry if anyone cares, went to see Stephen K Amos who was funny as. Anyway so this is week three theyre going nice and well, the youngster has finally got its grow on after i may have slightly cooked her :( i made a mistake. Anyway shes started going fast these last three days and yesterday i started LSTing her as you can see in the photos.

Next weekend "is" the switch to 12/12 oooo exiting :) so this week I need to sort out new pots and nutes.

Really need some advice on which to get cause i need to order it bearing in mind im in the UK.

Have fun guys, enjoy!

Attached Files:

10. Just a quick update not on the plants but the setup, ive ordered big bud nutrients for the flowering and also sorted out the lighting. Ive added another light fitting and 20w 6400k cfl, ive also bought a 20w spiral 2700k cfl for flowering.

Heres a pic of the new light in place.

Attached Files:

11. Ok so i just remade the box, smaller carbon filter, by a long way, added a fan to keep the plants moving and fitted the new light better.

The plants have also been repotted possibly to their final pots depending on the number of females and the lights are now on for two hours less in preparation for the switch to 12/12 on sunday :)

Heres a video of the new setup, enjoy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c9-H39xgsc]YouTube - improved pc stealth grow box[/ame]

12. nice.those plants look good

13. yeah thanks they are doing well just changed the lights and switched to 12/12 will put up pics later today theyre loving the new pots.

14. happy valentines everyone! Here are the plants week 4 overall day one of flowerin :), the new lights are two 20w 2700k and the led is the same. No nutriens at the moment due to the new soil but will start on the big bud at half/quater strength next week.

So here are the plants and the new lights. Fingers crossed three females :) :) :) we'll just have to wait and see.

Attached Files:

15. Sorry for no replys here not that it looks like anyone was watching but hey, i was waiting for them to show sex so have been trying to mostly ignore them, anyways the two older ones were both male and showed so last week, i made cannabutter from the one that topped itself and hash oil from the bushy one. So the you best formed stinky now fastest growing very sativa'ie (im sure thats not a word) skunky plant just got her first flower today so im left with one girl the best of the bucnch all by herself wich is ok really given the space so im not to sad, right now im happy :). Ill put up pics later today of the now dead smoked and eaten boys and the lovely girl later.

16. So heres the pics, first is of the firs flower you can just about see the two hairs in the photo. Then theres photos of the males before and some after cutting, that one would have been so nice if it had flowered the photo where its all cut up they were all side branches :(

Attached Files:

17. no reply because they look like poopy.. just sayin

18. Where did you go, sirpsycho? I guess it's my and the rest of the lurkers faults for not posting that we're following, but I am. Update please?

19. well sorry for stopping but it turned out that one of my housemates was calling the cops if it turned out we were growing weed sooooo had to kill them. But since its cooled down ive stuck an easy ryder in there and its three weeks into flowering and certainly is not poopy especially as it had to be put outside in january weather for two weeks as i started it before all the shiz happened. I might start a new journal as its got buds on it so people might be interested.