pc stealth first* grow

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by swalar, Aug 25, 2011.

1. #1 swalar, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
    Hey guys I just ripped out the guts of an old PC and I am wondering if anyone has any electrician skills out there.... i am wondering because I want to use the two fans that came with the PC as an intake and exhaust fan.

the pc... kinda want to break the little shelf on the side.. anyone agree?

[​IMG]

23 watt single bulb.. the ballast and stuff came from a lamp... 1 bulb for now... prob going to get 2 more...

[​IMG]

this is the fan it says DC12V then a line like a hyphen (-) and a dashed line underneath (...) i think its the direct current symbol. after the dc symbol it says 4.4W [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so yeah i am about to seal the inside from light probably using something reflective.

i am going to post more pics when its all set up and done;)

EDIT: what do you guys think would be a good way to seal in the inner environment... maybe some pvc and then caulking glue ??

2. I think i can help you. For the shelf, yes you should take it out, but it may be difficult. If it is riveted in you have to drill out the rivets.
    To get the fans working, just find a 12v ac adapter (like a cellphone charger or something) and wire the fans in parallel like so:
    [​IMG]
    You're also going to need to make light traps for your fans if you don't want light pouring out of the back.
    But as far as light proofing goes, I can't really help there.
    Good luck!

3. Its best if you do. If it's Rivets .. use a chisel and that sucker out! to the top ! and poke out the right or screw it off !~

but if anything .. it looks like the screw off one !

Put a Power adapter in there , 6-8 sockets ~

Buy a Power adapter socket for lights and get two Y sockets. Put it into the socket and plug the socket into the power adapter and your good :3 . It's just that you needa take out the racks!

adapter the PC fans into a old phone charger.

4. all my chargerss are like ~5 volts... what the fuck that wont work im assuming.. sorry not n xpert with electricity. and word im about to drill out the rivits... pardon the grammer and spelling haha.

5. you can still use the 5v chargers for now. The fans will just run a little slower than half speed. It's better than nothing for now.

6. what if i have an old macbook charger that puts out like 16.5-18.5v ?

7. Go out to radio shack and get yourself an appropriate a/c adapter that can handle the load of enough fans you want. Rip out the fron Hard drive & optical drive holders for more plant space. Stick 4-5 cfls in there and keep a maximum of 2 plants.