PC Micro Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GrassT, Nov 19, 2015.

1. #1 GrassT, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
    Hey guys,

Starting my 4th grow overall here, only the 2nd time doing micro pc grow but here it goes!
    The Setup is a PC tower with LED's (mrgrowpro)
    The seed is Tijuana (Blimburn seeds)
    I began by germinating the seed paper towel method, I may have left it in there a day too long by the time I puled it out the taproot was so long I didn't want to stuff it into a rootriot. So I just put the seed in the soil (fox farm) in the container that it will grow in. It looks like the shes stretching towards the light a little bit so I moved the led's towards the sides should be fine.
    My plan for the grow is to veg the plant for 6 to 8 weeks while doing some serious tiedowns and scrog, from what I've read the Tijuana plant is a pretty big plant so we'll see.. Then once flower starts I'll throw an extra 120 watts worth of CFL's in addition to the LEDs. I would love to get an O from this plant but we'll see. As for nutes I will be using microbe life products as well as big bloom, a pic of the nutes below, they worked really well last time I used them. Im going to try and post progress once a week on here, I left my gopro in there today on timelapse hopefully I get some cool pics from that. Any advice on anything I should be looking out for would be greatly appreciated!
    Until next time
    -GrassT

Attached Files:

2. Nice little setup hopefully you can reach your goal!!! Will be following!

3. Is that a gopro I see mounted to the inside?

4. Yeah I tried taking some time lapse photos of the plant growing but I didn't really get around to changing the battery ever 4 hrs lol

5. haha that would be awesome! Could you just leave it charging permanently?

6. Sweet grow brother! I'm just buying all the parts to make my own "knock-off" version of his case. Hopefully it will be a bit better though lol! It's certainly cheaper, considering I'm paying only $130 or so for 2 complete boxes, one with LEDs, and one without. I'll be posting pictures as the parts come in from amazon, should have them all by around the 20th at the latest, hopefully sooner though.

7. If I were you, I'd start with the extra 120 watts, if it's possible. You may shock the plants by just adding it in as you switch to flower, also you may be also able to get some more plant growth out of your baby in veg with that extra 120. I definitely think an oz is reasonable, if you even come close to 0.5/g a watt, you'll be at ~82.5 which would be incredible! Either way I hope you reach your goal! Good luck!

8. #8 GrassT, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    Day 8 update.
    She's looking good, I know in the photos it looks a little yellow but it's just the led's she's the right shade of green in regular light. I decided to add an extra 60w of cfls in addition to the led for a few hrs a day. Gona start some tie downs and possibly some nutes the first part of next week. Should have another update around day 14 or 15.
    Until then ✌
    -GrassT

Attached Files:

9. Day 16 update
    She's looking good starting to get some leafs on her..started a slight bend today, didn't want to stress it too much the stem is still so tiny..was originally adding cfls along with the led's but idk if that's an option anymore this still has to be somewhat of a stealth grow :/ Gona give her a water with photosynthesis plus tomorrow. Should have another update next week. Until then ✌
    -GrassT

Attached Files:

10. Hey guys day 29 update
    Everything is going good but for day 29 the plant looks small, I'm not sure if it's the low wattage led's or I'm not watering it enough? Just gona have to veg her longer.The plant seems healthy though. Anyways did some more tie downs today here some pics of before tie downs and after.

Attached Files:

11. #11 WeedleTM, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
    Looks fine to me for 29 days? If you are afraid of your watering schedule you better water less then more, because watering too much will stunth the grow sooner than underwatering.

12. Plants are looking nice, subbed to this thread.

13. Nice grow man I'll definitely be following this one

14. Looking good man
    Subbed and the setup looks great. What are you doing for smell control?

15. #15 GrassT, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    Thanks man,
    I've got a carbon filter over the back of the pc exhaust fan, and then I have one of thoes Hamilton Beach plug in carbon filters that is in the outlet next to the case. With thoes two you can't smell anything.

16. Hey guys day 36 update
    Not a whole lot to report, she's looking very healthy. Probably gona veg another couple weeks at least. Here's some pics before tie downs and then after a good stretching tie down.

Attached Files:

17. Day 43 update
    Started fox farm grow big today.
    I also cut some fan leaves off :( I had to get some light on the under bush. I hope I didn't stress it to much , but the plant still looks very healthy. Still got a ways to go on veg especially after the trim,hopefully the fox farm trio will speed up the process. Some pics of before and after the trim.

Attached Files:

18. Nice lil set up

19. How's the grow going man??

20. It's going good man just veg is taking a little longer than expected. I'm also curious how my LST job is going to turn out lol. Other than that tho its going pretty smooth