PC Grow Journal UK CFL

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Frackyboom, Oct 5, 2012.

1. First time PC grow

Ive always wanted to grow but never thought of a micro set up! Im really looking forward to getting this going and hopefully perfecting the art. I started with a 15' case, after assembly and seeing the size of the CFL's that i need i upgraded to a 20' case. It was empty of pc hardware but still had some housing in, the best and quickest method i found is using a hammer and a flat head screwdriver to take of the rivet, however drilling them out on the flat side also works but is more time consuming. Im using the following to make this:

1 x PC Case
    2 x PC fans for intake
    1 x PC fan (large) outtake
    1 x Survival tent (Mylar)
    2 x Bayonet Light connections
    2 x Switches
    3 x Tape
    1 x Normal Plug
    1 x 12v charger/plug (fans)
    1 x Inner tube
    2 x Light traps
    1 x High grade carbon
    Ive posted pictures of how far i am atm, the next thing on my list is a carbon filter, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'll be scratching my head until then :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. I managed to get hold of a slightly sick 2 week old for first tester, my friend had it under an LED light but the first large growth died away, im guessing because the light was 9 watts. She's been in there for a week and looking healthy :D. 2 questions to the forum though:
    1. She's under 2 26 watt 2700 k lights, will this be enough for first grow?
    2. is 72f - 76f ok?

any advice is appreciated, some pic's below

Attached Files:

3. Also found a OG kush bag seed, put her in cotton wool yesterday and the shell has opened :)

4. Unless you are going straight into flower I would change the bulbs to 6500k, and the temp is fine around 75.

5. Ok thanks, what would happen if i put her into flower now? Im in the uk and can only get 6500k at a decent watt off ebay which will take me a few weeks :(

6. Ive started training her for the scrog method, first time training. Ive posted some pic's of my attempt :confused: I've also trimmed off the baby leaves that were facing away from the light as to increase the energy to the ones that are facing the correct way. Trying my best to get some 6500k but none yet, soon hopefully :hello:

Attached Files:

7. Thanks man, I've moved the lights into the top section and I'm changing from light traps too to give more room as it doesn't need to be super stealthy, I'm just going to put some fish filter (as its not to thick ) to dampen the light slightly. I'm using 2 x 24-26 watt (not entirely sure) 2700k bulbs at the moment. I'm also adding some nutrients 1ml to a pint of water, the nutrients are normally for fruit and veg, will this do? I will be upgrading as soon as I can to 100 watt in total and some 6500k's. I've added some more pics of progress, and little Kush has sprouted and looking healthy! I love this plant :smoking: I've also topped my plant in a couple of places as I'm going for the scrog method. Thanks for the input peeps, peace :)

Attached Files:

8. Looks nice i cant give you any advice on nuts becuse i never grew with nutriants always going orgranic :) but i will do some experimenting :)
    Well i'm using 4 23w 6400k for the Veg stage and im going to use 4 23w 2700k for Flowering :) But she looks nice very nice.
    + i never grown indoor before always outdoor :) but now that my mom is ok with all this she was so against weed :) but now she's not and she supports me by what im doin :). But yeah she looks nice :) keep us updated :)

9. nice recovery dude. good work.

10. 6500K!!!!!!!! I have found them! Around the corner too :confused: duh! at £5 each and 24 watt, i have taken one 2700k bulb out and replaced it with the 6500k for now, i'm adding one more light output tonight so i will have 2x2700 and 1x6500k, i should hopefully be able to make it 2 x 6500k's over the next few days! Ive also trimmed 2 fingers off one of my leaves that was covering some new growth, fingers crossed she's still happy! pics below :p

Attached Files:

11. Also can anyone advise me on pot size etc?? I'm not sure when to re-pot her, i would be grateful!

12. Thanks chief, I've moved her into the biggest pot I could fit in :rolleyes: she seems to be loving it so far, |I'm going to let her settle in for a few days now to get over the stress! I also made a homemade carbon filter, I've attached pics in order of construction, I used- ear bud tub, kitchen roll tube, sock, duck tape and high grade aquatic carbon. Ive also thrown my webcam in there :D so I don't have to disturb her so much. Thanks again for input and advice peeps :wave:

Attached Files:

13. very nice KEEP IT UP damm :) ima make me a filter 2 for sure :) but now i will see how my mother will react to the smell she really dosent like the smell but it dosent bother her thaat i grow :) we will see :) but very nuce love it how you made the box :)
    Cant wait till i see the harvest :)

14. + i would put the sprout close to the lights as possible you dont want it to stretch like hell :)

15. Good point man, i have moved her up closer to the bulb! I cant wait to smoke the harvest!

16. bro, im from UK too and doing a pc grow like yours xD

I know the feeling of being like a kid on christmas eve, you just want to smoke it xD

what strain is it>

17. The one growing is a mystery seed but I think its an indica by the short growth and fat leaves, and the seedling is OG kush (bag seed)

18. Wow things are looking great so far! You can use both bulbs if you can keep the temps at decent levels.