PC Grow Journal CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jabb3r, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Wuzzerp guys

I'll do my best to update this thread consistently.

setup: 1 sucking / 1 blowing PC fan, 3 x 23w 1 x 46w
    medium: soil with wick + nutrients (technaflora)
    seeds: 2 x Afghani , 1 x Fem Barney's Farm Blueberry, 1 x Fem Dutch Passion Purple

the Afghani are in solo cups (for now) and the others are in 2 liter soda bottles

Jan 7 - Seeds germinated
    Jan 11 - All seeds pop'd through soil (2 afghani popd on the 9th)
    Jan 18 - 1 week vegging

Because I'm growing in such small pots, I decided to set up a wick system with shoelaces, seems to be working well when they get super thirsty.

Attached Files:

2. Jan 19 - re potted 1 solo cup plant
    Jan 21 - current day

Going to start LST soon, and 1/4th of recommended nutrient dose next week. I want to FIM / TOP 1 - 2 plants but I dont know which node to do that one. Some are going on their 4th node already.

Attached Files:

3. Jan 23 - Added 1/3 strength nutes for the first time and started LST
    Jan 24 - FIM'd the females, TOP'd the afghani
    Jan 25 - Exactly two weeks vegging

Attached Files:

4. Easy on the nutes at that tender age. Looking goor bro, keep posting.GL:D

5. Jan 30 - Added additional 23w veg bulb (total 4 in there, 3 for veg, 1 flower)
    Jan 31 - 20 days old, 3 weeks tomorrow

I dont know if my FIMming workec correctly, I dont see any additional shoots however the TOPping worked correctly on the afghani's....maybe the FIM worked?

Attached Files:

6. Feb 3rd - Fim'd the females again, simply because I dont think my last fim worked, but I know topping did. We'll see what happens.

Fed 4th - current day, 24 days old.

I'm thinking about vegging for another week and a half for 5 weeks total, do you guys think it'll be too crammed in there?

Attached Files:

7. Feb 8th - 4 weeks old
    Feb 9th - switch to 12/12
    Feb 10th 28 Days Veg 2 Days Flower

Here's also a pic of 2 water clones I'm attempting, 1 of the fem purple, 1 of the fem blue. Hopefully one of my Afghani's will be male and I'll pollinate one of these suckers!

Attached Files:

8. #8 Jabb3r, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    Feb 15th - 4 week veg 1 week flower

Turns out ALL plants were female, I put the Afghani in the solo cup in the cloning area cause' 4 plants couldnt fit inside the PC. The clones have been in the water for probably a week now, maybe another week and I'll see some roots.

Also a pic of the results of the 2nd FIM I did

Attached Files:

9. can you post pics of your light set up? what kinda lights you got going there?

10. Sure thing, will update in the next few days with a few pics.
    Veg: used 4 x 23w with (3 x blue) and (1 x red spectrum)
    Flower: 3 x 23w (2 red 1 blue) and 1 x 43w (red spectrum also)

11. Feb 21 Update!

Been flowering 13 days now, and its just starting to smell, I'm getting excited!
    The Afghani that is in the solo cup (not pictured here) turns out to be a male, so hopefully I'll be pollinating some clones if they come through.

Also a pic of mah light setup :smoke:

Attached Files:

12. 3 weeks flower

3 days prior to pictures, I selectively pollinated the branch with the bag on it. (Its the blueberry plant x Afghani pollen) I plan on taking the bag off after another day or so.

Starting to smell like fruit in there, hoping they'll swell big time in these next few weeks.

Attached Files:

13. Week 4 flower

Starting to smell real nice in there. My selective pollination worked and both the blueberry and purple have only 1 small site that is producing seedlings.

For some reason the Afghani isnt budding as much as the others, I hope she catches up! :smoke:

Attached Files:

14. looks really good dude

15. Looking great and healthy! They're so small... it's adorable. I want to pinch their cheeks... you know, if they had cheeks.

I'm sure they will reward you with the ultimate highness for taking such good care of them

16. Thanks meng :smoke:

Che' Mon :smoke:

What do you guys think my yield will look like??

I was hoping close to 2 zips but may be closer to 1 :eek:

Also when do buds do their primary swelling? My Afghani is almost just pistils, that bitch needs to swell HARD :(

17. I grew a plant a good bit smaller then that, with NO ferts, nutes, nothing. Just sun and water. Yielded a good 25 grams. I wouldn't be so quick to judge! Lol. But are you really gonna chop at 7 weeks...? Seems a tad early, if you don't mind me saying :eek:

Edit- OMG it was the tastiest thing i've ever experienced too.

18. Haha thanks for the confidence boost man, my fingers are def crossed. And your right, maybe 7 weeks, I figure 1 might be ready, but not till there's all orange hairs and those trichomes are cloudy :smoke:

19. Well, to be truthful, I was using the sun, and you can't get much better light then that. But I was doing it on my balconey, and it didn't get but maybe 7-9 hours a day tops.

If you REALLY wanna do it right, invest an hour of time and like 10 bucks into getting a little jewelers mircoscope. Your plants will thank you, and you won't regret it.

20. I'm liking the bud production, your plants look awesome so far! I can only hope mine gets half the yield yours seem like they're going to get.:hello: