PC Grow how do i reduce temp??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PCGrower223, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. My seeds germinates a few days ago so I planted them in perlite/soil mix and they sprouted yesterday. I started my light regime today and watered slightly as well as spraying some water in the air to increase humidity. Problem is the temp is like 29 degrees C and I can't get it down. The box is an eBay purchase and is a large server case. Its got 2 fans, 1 in 1 out, but the out fan is lower that the in, surely that's wrong as hot air will be higher up?
    I'm growing autoflowring dwarves on an 18/6 regime.
    I'm also really worried about watering, I bought a moisture meter but it says it's dry. I've only given it a very light spraying since I soaked the soil before planting the seeds. When do I water??
    Thanks for reading

2. Switch both fans around to make both exhaust and just have a passive intake. Is there any holes or vents that are can come in to?

3. Hi mate
    Yeah I've managed to sort a vent or two and it's brought down the temp a bit.
    Any advice on the watering issue please?? Paranoia is setting in!
    Cheers

4. Hey mate
    Yeah I've managed to sort a vent and got the temp down now. Thanks for the advice.
    Any advice on the watering? When do I start and how much and how often? Ahhhh
    Thanks

5. Watering can be tough because its very easy to want to keep giving it water but marijuana plants like to dry out a little between waterings. It makes the roots develop more to find water. A good method is stick your finger down two inches into the soil, if its dry, it needs water. Another is to lift the pot. Feel the weight. When its dry, it will feel empty compaired to when it is wet. Use these methods and you should be fine. How big are the pots?

6. Like previously stated make both fans exhaust and a passive intake. Water until it's coming out the drainage holes on the bottom of your pot, wait a few days or until the soil is BONE DRY up to your second knuckle on your index finger.