PC grow (First time grower)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Jagaloon, May 2, 2020.

1. Howdy!!

Thanks to a few of you on the forum for helping me out with figuring out my build.

So I decided to do a build in a pc case, only because living in NYC you don't get a ton of apartment space and super limited use of a closet... My wife wouldn't give that up for me.

Here's the tower I bought, way too small.

I chose a mid tower at first, however when it came. The dimensions seemed way off from what I imagined and wouldn't support more than one small indica plant.

20200427_220739.jpg

2. Also this is with me gutting the tower completely, I also came to realize it was super flimsy after I took most of the cage out. So this made me just decide to look for another PC tower instead.

Attached Files:

3. So here's the new pc case, it's a full tower and built really well.
    There's a quick release on the top of the case so there's no need to unscrew or unbolt to get the side panel off.

Here's the new case, it was a full computer for 15 bucks. Had to gut it however. 20200429_142943.jpg 20200429_143720.jpg 20200429_145246.jpg 20200429_145250.jpg

4. So we're visiting family in upstate NY, I decided to get as much work done as I can while I'm here. Lots of more room and tools at my disposal.

After drilling out a ton of rivets, I also used my tin snips to cut out unnecessary metal as well.

So this is what it looks like now.
    20200501_161608.jpg

5. So I know fans are a big issue for many folks out there and their pc builds.

I bought these ac infinity USB 120mm fans and found out that 5v fans are not going to do anything. 20200501_160717.jpg
    20200501_160723.jpg
    Rathian told me that I would need positive static pressure fans.

Here are the new fans I just got overnight from Amazon, these are way heavier and are made out of metal. Still 120mm but 12v and way much more air flow.
    20200501_160744.jpg

6. I'll start putting stuff together tomorrow.
    I've got my light (led) to mount still, figure out where I'm going to mount the two fan, line the walls with reflective material and seal it all off.

I just picked up fox farms grow and tiger bloom as my nutes. Have bio bizz as the medium of choice and also got ph up and down to control water.

Seeds are coming Monday from mephisito, super excited to get started with germing my beans

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey man! Looks like your case is coming together really well. You going to appreciate the extra space on the full tower for sure and good work on the fan selection. Those puppys should suck through the carbon filter no problem

Think carefully about where you place the exhaust fans and the corresponding intake and also the size of the intake.

Looks like you made a good choice on the soul and nutes too

Good luck with the germing and keep is posted on the rest of the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Awesome! Glad to see you building