Pc grow carbon filter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DankHerbologist, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Not bad at all for $140 with shipping. Add in 2 more bulbs of each spectrum though.

If you were going to add in an inline fan, you'd NEED a fan speed controller because an inline may be too many CFMs for an area that small. You would need to cut a 4" hole as an exhaust on the case itself and secure a small piece of 4" ducting and to the fan. Or attach the fan directly onto the case. It would be important to use PASSIVE intake, not active...it would help to have light traps too.

2. lmfao, that tower is only $30, look at the "organic fertilizer" lol. Not to be an ass, but alot of people have been getting shammed by this crap.

The case is $30 probably from tigerdirect or some other wholesale.
    The PC fan is $4, the bulbs are $12 they look like the little 18w ones, the reflective junk is like .50cents a square foot. The peat pellets are like $5 for 24, throw the terra cotta pottery things away (seen them at 99only store 6pk $1) the organic fertilizer looks like some bulk manure/perlite mix. the timer is like $5, thermometer is $1 dollar store.

So in all you pay under $60 and maybe $10 for gas to get around to the places and buy everything yourself.

I ship things for a living and I can tell you shipping should have been only $20 USPS parcel post. I shipped a 35lb box with nutes and soil about the same size to fit that PC grow kit, and it only costed me about $25 after payin for the packaging and post.

3. You could try getting a sheet of cut to fit universal carbon filter and putting it over the exhaust. I think you would be better off getting some ONA to cover up the smell. If you successfully grow in the pc case the plant won't be very big, you will have a small yield, and the odor will be easy to cover up.

4. What would the ducting be for? Also, I dont know how to go about connecting a fan speed controller to the inline fan. I'm not too savvy when it comes to this kind of stuff.:(
    What if I go with this exhuast fan here and replace it with the one already in the case? Will I still need to cut holes into the case?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunon-12v-dc-PC-Computer-Tower-cooling-fan-60mm-19-2CFM-/120739108746?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1c9c978a

I dont want really big plants, I plan on keeping them relatively small since this is more of a concealed grow

5. Ducting would be used to connect the inline fan to the case. But I suppose you could connect the inline fan directly to the box by cutting a 4" hole on the case for exhaust. This would allow you to attach a good carbon filter.
    Sure you can use that fan, but how will you attach a carbon filter to reduce smell?
    A fan speed controller is easy to set up. You buy a fan with a controller and you plug the fan into the socket of the controller and then plug the controller into the wall outlet.

6. I'd run the fan and filter as a standalone air scrubber for your room, if you really want to spend the money. It'll be easier than trying to explain why your computer sounds like a jet engine anyway.

Get yourself some ona anyway, never know when you'll need it (harvesting and processing)

7. Thanks for the help guys. Currently, I ordered the inline fan and I plan on cutting a 4 inch hole into the top of the case for it unless I take out the fan already installed and put the inline fan in that spot, if its the same size of course. If I end up taking up the spot already there, I'll get a couple 4 inch floors fan so set inside the case :)