PC Grow Box

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jacobm10, Aug 5, 2017.

1. My veg light is 45 watts. My flower light is 60 watts. Do you think it would be better to just leave my flower light off for now so i can keep the heat down?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I would say find out how to get as much airflow as u can going through that man like seriously it should almost be a tornado lol but honestly I don't think the 45 by itself will be enough for them to grow properly they are gonna get real stretchy I had a 55 and 2 42s on mine at that stage and all they did was get hot really didn't grow too well it wasn't until I got my 12w led bulb on her about 6 inches above that she stopped stretching and started really growing.i would say see if u can get an led even if it's one off the shelf at Wal Mart I have seen people use those that are higher wattages and just take the fake dome off of them and had decent results

First grow ever!

• Like Like x 1
  3. U will want it to be higher wattages though like at least 10 or more without the domes they are really bright

First grow ever!

4. I'm going to put another pc fan on the open vent I have on the side of the case. Ill put it as exhaust so it can draw that heat of there. The other exhaust fan probably isn't doing much because i have my carbon filter on it and its probably not strong enough to pull a lot of air through that filter. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the input bro

• Like Like x 1
  5. Update: I changed my intake fan to exhaust instead. Ive been reading that forced intake causes heat issues and that passive intake is better. So we will see

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get a thermometer in there right next to the plants that way you can see exactly how much heat they are dealing with

First grow ever!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Already got one. Its been reading 88. Havent checked to see if all the changes ive made have helped. Ill look tonight

8. UPDATE: I checked my temp tonight and it was at 84 so I was able to bring it down 4 degrees by switching to passive intake. It got down to 77 during their dark period, so things are looking good now!

• Like Like x 1
  9. UPDATE: checked my temps tonight and it was down to 81! Super happy I was able to bring it down so much! Also my RH has gone up to 49%! Much progress is being made. Here are some pics of the girls. Tell me you guys' thoughts. Also, when should I start watering till runoff occurs? Now that their root systems have expanded they are needing to be watered every other day. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. They are looking pretty good right now man :) keep up the good work

First grow ever!

11. Appreciate it man!

• Like Like x 1
  12. They died on me. I guess they needed water. I had been watering them every other day cause that is all they were needing, but I guess they soaked up all the water in one day. And of course yesterday I didn't have time to check on them. Unfortunate

13. I've been reading and it seems they have a chance of bouncing back, especially the plant on the left. I gave them both water as soon as I saw them so I'm gonna wait a couple hours and check on them again. Hoping for the best. I've learned my lesson though. CHECK YOUR PLANT EVERY DAY

• Like Like x 1
  14. It's all good man when they are that small you do have to water them a little more I did at least once maybe twice a day with very small amounts of water seemed to do the best for me but since you got a little hot box in there you def gotta check then I would u say 2x a day

First grow ever!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Think I should just go ahead and start a new plant or do you think one of these might have a chance to recover? Someone else on here told me if there is green there still is a chance. But i dont know

16. I know how it feels to have plants in trouble. I fried a few plants when I first got my 1000 watt metal halide set up. I put the light too close and they got light burn. They had been under CFL's previously and I think the MH was too much for them, especially since I had it so close to them. They were rough looking and didn't grow very much for a few days and I was getting discouraged and thought about just getting rid of these plants and starting over. I was doing some reading and ran across an article about indoor growing and what to do when you have problems. The article said one of the main things is to not give up. It said if you have a problem, try to work through it and find a solution or in some cases just wait a little bit and give the plants a chance to recover. It said that these plants can bounce back from a lot and that the author had seen many times that plants bounced back from bad conditions. If you just start over, the next time you have the same problem, you won't know what to do again. I followed that advice and my plants bounced back as well. They're looking pretty healthy now.

I would say give it a couple days. See if they try to recover.

17. Most helpful advice I've gotten from this forum. Thanks man. Gives me some encouragement. I'm assuming that the leaves that are already there won't bounce back, but rather to pay attention to new growth?

18. And also do you think I should cut the LST ties for now until they recover?

• Like Like x 1