Pc grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GreenBeauty, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Well as we all know, there are different layers to a plant. Think of an onion and how you can strip it down layer by layer until you get to the center or core of the onion. The inner most part is known as the Pith, while the outermost layer is called the Periderm. There are several several layers between those like the Vascular Cambium, Cork Cambium, Both Primary and Secondary Xylem, etc... The idea of super cropping is to break some of those levels, or crack them is a better way to put it. You pinch your plant, start above the third node or wherever you want to inhibit strong growth and literally pinch the plant between your thumb and forefinger. You will here a slight popping sound. Once you do, STOP. You dont want to damage the plant more than what is needed or you will slow down the growth process. You should be able to bend your stem now to roughly a 90 degree angle, and you want to make sure it hangs limp. By the next day, the stem should be back to normal, or nearly there, and you will notice it has really thickened up allowing for better support. It will also grow in the direction of the way it hangs after the pinch.... let me show you...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you study the stem work, youll notice sharp angled bends and bulges or bumps in the branches with slight discoloration, thats the product of super cropping. 

I feel this video gives the best visual and verbal explanation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vacg2FZWtrk

2. NO thats perfect. Thats exactly what topping does. That basically tricks the plant into making two whole new stalks which in turn can be topped again(let them get at least 3 nodes in length first). this is one of the easiest ways to maximize your bud sites.

looks a little like this?
    [​IMG]

3. youll notice the cut where the stem would have been in the middle(little blurry) and the two new stems coming out each side with new shoots on each. perfect topping. 

4. Never mind it was the seed shell hanging on 1390886694838.jpg Sent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. lol no problem, hey, at least now you have a good idea for your veggin' techniques.

6. Sorry I haven't updated in awhile but here she is :yay: 1167594578195.jpg Sent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. [quote name="GreenBeauty" post="19430031" timestamp="1391024937"]Sorry I haven't updated in awhile but here she is :yay: [​IMG] 1167594578195.jpgSent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]How close are your lights? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

8. [quote name="Stealthsmokerman" post="19430036" timestamp="1391025008"]How close are your lights? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D[/quote]They are about 3 inches away from the plantSent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. [quote name="GreenBeauty" post="19431754" timestamp="1391043722"]They are about 3 inches away from the plantSent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]I would move it a little closer Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

10. [quote name="Stealthsmokerman" post="19432067" timestamp="1391046771"]I would move it a little closer Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D[/quote]Can do man :)Sent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. 1391133203498.jpg day sixSent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. How do I increase the humidity in my grow box its at 16 right nowSent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I havent taken the time to go out and buy a humidifier yet, but i have constructed a very crude way of raising the humidity in my grow roon. I take the largest pot i can find in my house, luckily we have this huge culdron of a pot we use for soup. Fill that pot with hot water about 3/4 of the way. Put that pot on the stove till it boils. Cover the pot almost entirely, except leave a little gash to allow the steam to flow out. Put that steaming pot in your room and let the steam cover your plants. Now i am "one step ahead" so to speak with the boiling water way... I have a very inexpensive hot plate which allows me to keep a constant boil, meaning i don't have to constantly keep heating up the water, it just does it already. You can get a hot plate though for like 10 bucks. That is just one way to do it. The only gauge i have however is that of my plants themselves. The ladies were praying hard when i came in after an hour of letting the water slow boil and fill the room with steam. Side note* the steam will pretty much cool to room temp immediately upon leaving the pot, but still dont have plants TOOOO close. I know it sounds silly, but it does work to an extent, this is just temp though, a humidifier and dehumidifier are a must.

14. [quote name="Friendlytoker22" post="19440699" timestamp="1391163684"]I havent taken the time to go out and buy a humidifier yet, but i have constructed a very crude way of raising the humidity in my grow roon. I take the largest pot i can find in my house, luckily we have this huge culdron of a pot we use for soup. Fill that pot with hot water about 3/4 of the way. Put that pot on the stove till it boils. Cover the pot almost entirely, except leave a little gash to allow the steam to flow out. Put that steaming pot in your room and let the steam cover your plants. Now i am "one step ahead" so to speak with the boiling water way... I have a very inexpensive hot plate which allows me to keep a constant boil, meaning i don't have to constantly keep heating up the water, it just does it already. You can get a hot plate though for like 10 bucks. That is just one way to do it. The only gauge i have however is that of my plants themselves. The ladies were praying hard when i came in after an hour of letting the water slow boil and fill the room with steam. Side note* the steam will pretty much cool to room temp immediately upon leaving the pot, but still dont have plants TOOOO close. I know it sounds silly, but it does work to an extent, this is just temp though, a humidifier and dehumidifier are a must.[/quote]Yes may raise the humidity but that method is for a large room for 1 and 2 think about it it's heat and steam. All that would really do is make the plants sweat which kills them. Hell just leave a bowl of water to evaporate aka raise the humidity. Yours was a good plan but that's too much of a hassle Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

15. I have never worried about humidity, i have been growing for 5 years starting in a rubbermaid followed by numerous pc grows. It could play a role if on a big scale but being in such a confined space i never had issues. My room says about 16% humidity and my pc case might be just a tad lower since its closed up with lighting of course and no problems with my plants. I only had 2 problems one when i first started in my rubbermaid High tap water ph ended up with nute lock in 2 weeks from seedling. Then second problem occurred in my last 2 grows being miracle grow seedling soil, where i needed to add some epsom salt for magnesium deficiency. Other than that it is a weed and is a very hardy plant i don't think your humidity would cause alot of trouble. Good luck 

16. its day 7 and she has two new leaves sprouting so that is six leaves lol i would take a picture but my phone is being stupid 

17. 1391236821654.jpg Here she is guysSent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Not sure if I missed it but is the soil regular nute free? The seedling looks good but im not sure if the camera is making the edges look lighter than the rest of it. But let the plant speak to you. You will know when its happy. Rock on!

19. [quote name="rukahs" post="19449465" timestamp="1391299776"]Not sure if I missed it but is the soil regular nute free? The seedling looks good but im not sure if the camera is making the edges look lighter than the rest of it. But let the plant speak to you. You will know when its happy. Rock on![/quote]Yeah the tips are lighterSent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. 1391408657791.jpg Day 8Sent from my SCH-M828C using Grasscity Forum mobile app