PC grow box... Soil vs Hyrdoponics PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by onslaught232, Aug 6, 2009.

1. okay, so i recently bought a PC grow case offline, and at first I was planning on not using the hydroponics kit that came with it, so the guy gave me a discount without it... but he forgot about that and put it in there anyway, so i have one now.

I just wanna know for a first time grower what really is the best way to go. I hear hydro is the best, but i hear it is hard to maintain ph levels in something as small as a PC case.

I will be very dedicated to this plant and will be treating like my baby wanting her to grow big and fluffy.

THe strain i was planning on using was Autflowering lowryder x Ak47 "easy ryder". Autoflowering being for the beginning grower.

This is the case i bought, u can see the hyrdo kit if u scroll down
    Hydroponic PC Grow Case - Secret Herb Plant Hydro Box - eBay (item 330349811578 end time Aug-10-09 21:30:02 PDT)

it comes with eveyrthing u need.

Please help and let me know what is the smartest decision?
    THANK YOU
    [​IMG]

2. generally speaking, soil is better for beginners. it's more tolerant of mistakes, and with soil, you kinda need some prior experience to really get the best results.

3. I'd recommend you go with soil.

You're not going to want a hydro system in a small enclosed space like that. Not only is it much harder to maintain, but you're also in big trouble if you have a major spill and all of that electrical equipment gets ruined. Go soil.

I actually just built a pc grow box. I gutted the tower and lined the sides and panels with white poster board. I'm not so sure it'll provide quite enough space for the plant to grow after I start cycling the lights for flowering. It's not quite 2 feet tall. Have you given any thought to where your plants will go should you need more space?

4. I bought the same box, I'm going to use the hydro tub for my first try, personally.

Is the tub you got see through, or is it light proof?

5. Hydro is much much tougher for a first grow. I will probably wait for 5 or 6 cycles before I try hydro, but who knows, things could change. The fact is that for hydro you have to watch pH and ppm very carefully, and temperature of the res, temp of the cab, etc., etc., etc.

6. for beginners.. soil is the way to go because its easier to maintain and will tolerate a few mistakes