PC Grow Box Help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by KaliKush25, Oct 5, 2016.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hey guys and gals. So I recently started the first steps of making my stealth PC grow box which involved the tear down/gutting of the computer. I was able to open the case easily and began removing everything I needed to when I came into a problem. The area of the case that houses the hard drive and DVD drive (I believe it's called the driver bay) seems to be impossible to remove. I looked online and some people said you need to punch out the rivets however I do not see any on the case. I know for a fact that the "driver bays" are not the same piece of metal as the front of the case, it's very obviously separated. Do you guys have any advice as to how I can get that out? It takes up a lot of space so working around it isn't really an option. I'll post pictures. Let me know what you guys think and thank you so much for the help!

2. If you have a screw driver try to insert it the the gaps between the parts (main body and 'driver bay') and slowly, gently try to increase that gap until they separate. Depending on the pc case you might need to force it out also look for hidden rivets that might holding the pieces together. Hope this helps!

3. It'd be awesome if you had a heavy duty saw. Haha
    If not, you may be able to figure out another way to utilize that area. Maybe place your light fixture in there, or a little fan. If you could find a small LED strip or something, that area may be big enough to use for atleast starting seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. You can use a dremel tool with a metal cutting wheel to remove that excess metal. You want as much grow space in a PC as possible.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. My only two cents , if you're doing stealth because you are trying to keep it stealth and can't risk getting caught with a grow .... the biggest challenge you will face is odor control the last 4-5 weeks or if it's an excellent grow and you are doing it right almost the majority of the plants flowering life . ( of course it goes from planty to straight stinky , but even planty smell is obvious to some ). Either way best of luck but invest some time into really smell proofing it and working on some carbon filter scrubbing micro setup .... that is of course if it's even a concern to you .. just assumed so since it was micro stealth

Peace
    300 watt LED critical kush micro grow

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_tid=1428140&share_fid=78765&share_type=t

It makes me feel the way I need to feel