PC grow box completed.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kRaZy tOkA IVXX, Oct 11, 2007.

1. its basically a 60w 2prong outlet to light socket adapter you would call it.
    2 prong on one side and light socket on another. check out my grow i put new lights in there.

im kinda blown on a few xanaxs right now so tomorrow ill take some pics and stuff for you and help you out . post in my grow journal though.

2. Alright, thanks man. This will be my 1st grow, and I built my grow box today out of some plywood, it's about 2'x2'x4' and it's in my closet, but I might chop it down to 3 feet tall. When I have a chance to get to the store I'm going to buy 2 space blankets, and cover the inside of my box with it. I'm planning on using some of those plug-in light sockets, and having 6-8 CFL's.

Edit: I took apart the box I built yesterday, becase I found a cabinet that would be perfect to use, I already took out the shelves, and sanded it down, so I can paint it, or put up some mylar.

3. my bad dude. didn't see it. heading there now.

4. Hey, how did u get the fans working without a computer power supply? Also, what are those things that u plugged into the electrical socket that power the light bulbs? I'm thinking of doing a grow box too, only problem is that I have no other idea on how to power the fans without a motherboard

5. heyy, i just finished my grow box today. im powering my fans with normal mobile phone (or video cam) chargers. its very easy to do. first you have to get rid of the plastic thats around the copper wires in the middle (do this for the fans and the chragers), leave around 1cm/1 inch copper without plastic. connect/wrap the black wire of the charger around the black wire of the fan. then take the red wire of the fan and wrap/connect it to the black and grey wire of the charger and youre done :). im using 5-6 volt chargers which works but isnt as good as 9volt or more (which are reccomended). good luck :wave: