PC Grow Box - 1st Grow Diary

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by stealthboxit, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Routed all the wiring today so it wouldn't be in the way of me accessing the plants and whatnot. The girls are looking perky! Thanks for all the advice so far guys! I love incorporating the knowledge of experts into my own. Blaze on!

New overview:
    [​IMG]

'Lectronics:
    [​IMG]

1st girl:
    [​IMG]

2nd girl:
    [​IMG]

Group shot:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      154 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      180.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      495.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      404.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      220.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Looking good so far. Neat and orderly. :D

3. Thanks omdogg!

4. shit man thats coming out nicee.. the pistils are beautiful haha.

i saw your power strip, what kind of timer do you have? i went to walmart today and they had these weird analog ones..looks to complicated to program..

5. Alarm!!!!! So I checked on the clones today -- white fuzz on the soil. Not really on the clones, but on the soil. Attached high def pics. Help!!! Thanks! :eek:

Gonna hit it with a qtip and peroxide in the mean time.

Attached Files:

6. Looks like mold. This is why you need good ventilation and why you let the top 1" or so of soil dry out between waterings. :)

7. They had the ziploc tents over the cup so there was no ventilation.

8. Thats probably it, too high humidity for too long. Just let it air out and try to carefully remove the top of the soil and throw it away safely.

9. Once I complete that, what are your thoughts on re-adding the tents?

10. It is an analog timer. They are not very hard to use.

Attached Files:

11. No tents.

12. Thanks omdogg!! Another noob question if you don't mind. :)
    When should I put the clones under the full power light? A third partner in crime joined the two clones; I germinated a bag seed I acquired recently and so I think it will need the full power of the lights. So Im wondering if the clones will be ok if I put them in the case with the freshly germinated seed under the 4 cfls. Thanks again man!

13. Clones don't need a lot of light. For 12 clones I use 2 small CFL bulbs around 1 ft away from the tops. If you put too much light they focus on growing foliage and not roots. Once you notice that they have a pretty obvious root system going on, you can put them under full light. Farther away at first and closer as they mature. The seedling can handle the post rooting light.

14. Thank you sir!

15. Update:
    Added an HD webcam inside the pc case to take time lapse photos. 2 minute interval. PNG format. Right now it is just looking at the freshly sprouted seedling. I'll form it to a movie when it gets more interesting.

:wave:

16. Sweet, looking forward to a time lapse. I haven't seen anyone doing that on the city. +rep.

17. Thanks for the rep omdogg!

Here's the eye candy! Hopefully you are viewing on a high resolution monitor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. #38 stealthboxit, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    I wonder if I should be supplying to clones with a specific light spectrum? I read somewhere that 2700K encourages root growth. Also should I keep the same cycle? It is currently 24/7. I was using a 6500K but switched over to a 2700K a few minutes ago and wanted to get some opinions. Thanks in advance!

19. 24/7 or 18/6 works for seedlings and clones. People argue one or the other works better but honestly either one works.
    I would use 6,500K for clones and vegging and 2,700K to flower.

20. Once again omdogg, thank you! +rep for all your help man!

I think I will run with the 2700K for a day or two and switch to 6500K and maintain the same light schedule. I also added some tents because they were starting to look dry. I made decent air ducts for breathing (fingers crossed!) to prevent the fuzz.