pc grow--autoflowering--complete novice step by step with pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pcgrow, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hello people:wave:, im rob a.k.a pcgrow, ive just purchased myself a pc grow case so i can start growing myself some weed as its so friken expensive, £25 for 2 grams! jeez, where have the days of 3.5g for £20 gone!,

ive never grown before, so am looking for you guys to jump aboard and help me from seedling to bud, i have been doing a little bit of reading and feel i have the basic knowledge to now try and grow,

ill be posting pictures regulary as im also going to try and create a really easy guide for other novices so they can read this back and grow like a pro, fingers crossed anyway,

be back soon with pictures of my case, IN A BIT PEOPLE!:smoke:

2. im back! i have got 3 autoflower seeds, lemon,cobra and white dwarf, i have germed my cobra and planted it 2 days ago, it has now broken above the soil but is laying sideward on the soil with its leafs shut!, is this normal or has the little bugger died on me allready?

i used john innes seeding soil bought from local garden centre for £3.99, i added a small amount of vermiculite to the soil, then watered it fully, alowed to dry a bit then planted it,

heres the pics:

Attached Files:

3. temps are ,getting up to 83.4f for a small amount of timen but averages around 76/77f, humidity at 34%,
    these reading are ok?
    why is it laying on the floor! has the little bastard smoked all the weed to itself?

help is much appreciated guys, thanks

4. hasent changed atall since last post, thinking that its dead:(. shall i wait or just throw it and start again?

5. cmon guys please help me out here

6. It looks dead man its not even green is it ?

7. #7 Texdallas, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    Hey man I've grown White dwarf check the grow below. What soil are u using it looks wrong have you got any perlite?

8. You should have negative pressure in your PC case. Flip your intake fan around so that it is pulling air out of the grow chamber. Also looks like sub-par soil. You shouldn't start seeds in such a big pot either. The temp/rh sounds good though. :smoke:

9. It's hard to tell but it certainly doesn't look well here. It just sprouted though, give it time and maybe it will open up

10. there is progress on the little sprout, its now opened up and has 4 leaves, the second ones are very small but look nice and green,
    how long should i wait untill i water it? also how much water do i use when i water it? enough so that i can see water above the soil? so it drains down?

heres the pic of day 2 of my sprout, quality is poor as im using my mobile phone camera but can make out its a little sprout!

any tips and advice on what to do next is much apreciated, thanks guys

Attached Files:

11. im using john innes seed soil with a very small amount of vermiculite, i was told this soil will be ok?? when do i think about transfering it into the final soil?

whats white dwarf like to smoke? plz say its good!?

12. It really only has 1 set of leaves. The rounded leaves are cotyledons, and they will fall off soon. Keep the soil around it moist, but DONT over water. Just a shot glass of water every 2-3 days should be plenty for a seedling. What light cycle are you using?

13. Knuckle test if its still moist at ur first knuckle ur good and just lightly moisten the soil

14. i will give it a small amount of water tomorrow then, will it do any harm if i give it a light spray every day or should i not bother?,
    im doing it 24/7 and from what ive read ill be keeping it on 24 hours a day untill harvest as itll be easier for me incase im out when the lights need to go off,

are there any advantages or disadvantages between a 24/0 and a 18/6 light cycle?

thanks guys,

15. Spraying really isn't necessary unless your humidity is really low. I prefer a 20/4 cycle for veg, plants need some dark, even in veg. Also even auto strains need a dark cycle during flowering. Most auto breeders recommend a 20/4 veg cycle and once they start to flower, switch to a 16/8 cycle. You can pick up a cheep timer from almost anywhere for under $10.

16. ok i wont bother spraying then, shall i change the light cycle now or keep it 24/0 untill the seedling is a little bigger?

thnks

17. I would keep it at 24/0 until they get their 3rd or 4th set of leaves. Then turn it down to 20/4.

18. The best way to describe the smoke is devastating total knock you on your hole stuff. Heavy heavy indica. Spicy flavour from the ruderalis which is unusual but nice at the same time.Makes a nice bed time smoke.I only got a poor yield so maybe you might plant a seed every two weeks to keep you stocked.You'll also be able to improve your skills over time. The WD likes a lot of light so 20/4 cycle is best as opposed to the normal 18/6 for most autos. No nutes for 3-4 weeks then all I'd do is give it a little bud blood or something similar and molasses and 50-60 days later your done. Good luck with your grow I'll follow with interest

19. SWEET!, very excited t grow now, help is apreciated, ill keep the updates coming, cheers guys!

20. Alright! don't worry too much and just dont get impatient and do unnecessary things.
    new seedlings are very sensitive to temps (keep it above 60 in the dark cycle) keep it moist and leave it alone, as it gets established above and below ground.