PC Grow - Auto Critical + & Red Dwarf - 3rd grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Cirrus Minor, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Thanks man, you learn a little more every attempt I suppose. Although this time I am not entirely sure why I ended up with a nitrogen deficiency. It shows most prominently in the Critical+ so it's possible the feeding schedule I used for the Red Dwarf before is not adequate for the Critical. Only way to know for sure is to grow the strain again. I think either way I will start feeding a little earlier next time, maybe around two weeks in instead of three.

I'd have to say from the looks of things the plants are doing really well despite the deficiency. I would have thought the consequences would have been more severe, but who knows yet. Maybe the high won't be that good. I plan to feed at least one or two more times before a 10-14 day flush cycle. Probably harvest between 65-70 days. Today is day 49 :D

2. #62 Cirrus Minor, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
    Here we have another update. The leaves look like crap but the buds smell good. I am doing a 10-14 day flush starting now. I'll let the pics speak for themselves...

Enjoy!

Red Dwarf

Attached Files:

3. Critical+

Attached Files:

4. Looking great man! Frosty as hell.

5. Week 9 - Day 58

Well, there's not too much to update on the visual aspect of the grow, although the Red Dwarf is looking like it's fattening up slightly which is awesome. She smells so freaking great, a sweet smell that I cannot pinpoint but who cares? The important thing is they look great.

I did a heavy flushing about 4 days ago, day 54 and I flushed again late last night. I am planning on harvesting Monday the 28th which will have given me around a 12-13 day flush cycle which I think should be adequate. Then these babies are gonna dry out for 2-4 days on my shoe box. I think my last grow I dried em out a bit more than I would have liked so this time I am gonna make sure all the moisture is not gone and then jar em up. I like my buds slightly moist, but still smokable of course.

*On a side note because I primarily vape I wonder how much moisture that is left in the buds will affect how they vape? If anyone can answer this that would be cool as hell.

I would have to say from the looks of things right now, comparing my Red Dwarf to my previous Red Dwarf I think I will surely beat my previous yield. Keep in mind there was no training involved at all this time and minimal training on my last one and it started off in a shallower pot which probably plays factor into these things as also.

Maybe if I have time later I will post some pics after the light come on in a few hrs... stay tuned.

6. #67 Cirrus Minor, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
    Ok, well after a nine day flush I have grown a little bored and decided to cut these girls down today. I am pretty sure the flush period I gave them should be ok. Not much to say really... I'll let the pics do most of the talking.

This is the Critical+ ... chopping the Red Dwarf a little later with pics to follow.

Enjoy!!!

Attached Files:

7. those look great man ! can't wait to see your yield !

8. Alright, as promised here are pictures of the Red Dwarf...

Attached Files:

9. Excuse my ignorance, but how is a full sized plant going to fit in there :confused:

10. Going to fit where? Did you even look through the thread?

11. Looks amazing man, Have you got a dry weight yet or are you still drying them out? Hope it smokes good.

12. Hello, I only had them hang dry for about a day and a half then jarred em up to start the cure. I wanted to make sure they were still a bit moist and I didn't dry them out too much like last time. The aroma is already awesome just from jar burping a few times. Dump em out for about 5 mins then toss em back in. They are gonna be nice! The Red Dwarf is an excellent auto. I'm gonna wait a little while longer before I weigh them again to make sure they cure properly and I get an accurate weight. I expect a 1/2oz for both combined.

13. Hey cirrus, congrats on the harvest, man!
    Looks like its gonna be an amazing smoke.
    I'm hoping mine finishes before 70 days too.

14. Well, I could have probably let them both go another week or so but they looked pretty good to me. Mostly milky white trichs with a few dabbles of clear and amber mixed in. I pulled my last RD a few days or so earlier than this one and that was pretty decent smoke.

15. I had about three quarters of an ounce dry. Unfortunately I did not cure properly and threw the whole batch out due to mold popping up on some of the buds. This is very discouraging.

16. That sucks dude!

17. I'm gutted for you mate.
    Don't give up just correct yourself and move on.
    I lost 2 PE's to mold a few years back so I do know how it feels..

I'll sit back and wait for your next venture :)
    Sure it won't be too long ;)

18. Thanks man, it has been very irritating that this happened. I know now I definitely need to hang dry longer and wait till the buds feel much dryer than they did. I had lots of smaller bud and a few larger ones, the main colas. The main colas showed white webish looking stuff inside the buds when I opened them up to see how they were doing. At that time all the other smaller buds looked fine but then started to show spots within a couple days. I knew then it was all gonna go bad. Next time I'm gonna cut up the larger colas so everything drys a little more evenly.

19. any update pics?