PC Grow - Auto Critical + & Red Dwarf - 3rd grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Cirrus Minor, Mar 26, 2012.

1. i'm thinking you're going to beat the 1/8th you had last time. are you going to do the SCROG thing that came with your case?

2. Thanks for the advice, I have moved the light a little closer but I don't think I really have the room to LST at this point. Plus, this was kind of a test just to see how they would come out with no training.

Thanks man! My temps are pretty good I'd say. The highest they get is around 82f which is acceptable.

Hehe, I certainly hope I beat out my last grow. I had just over 8 grams and I'm almost out of it all, been milking it for a while now :D I am not doing a scrog this grow. My next attempt will probably be a feminized seed and maybe then I'll implement the scrog but probably more LST than scrog.

3. Just opened the case and had a look today and the leaves are all drooping a bit. I haven't watered in a couple days so I am hoping they were just thirsty. A few of the leaves on the Critical + are yellowing a bit. I have to reference my bible to see what this might be but here's a couple pics for those who might be curious...

Attached Files:

4. #44 Cirrus Minor, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    I have a feeling the yellowing is the result of a nitrogen deficiency. Had a look this morning before work and it seems to be getting worse. I think I jinxed myself saying they look healthy.

With the few feedings I've done they were full strength flowering feedings according to the GH chart. Well, one was a 1/4th strength and two or three were full strength. Does anyone think this could he a result of not feeding enough? Should I just go ahead and continue with some full strength feeds? The Red Dwarf does not seem to have this issue, yet.

Ill be looking again in another hour after the lights have come on. Maybe it has improved, we'll see.

5. maybe a full dose of nutes is too much for that small of a plant? talking out of my ass, but who knows. most of the stuff i've read on here re: nute feedings is to err on the light side, not the heavy side.

are you using the same lightbulb setup as you did the first grow? i had figured that it'd be 4x6500 for veg, and then 4x2700 for flower, but had no idea.

6. Not sure about the nutes. It shouldn't really matter what the size of the plant is but from what my research has shown is that you don't want to start right off with full strength doses, which I didn't.

My light setup is the same indeed. A few members on here suggested using a ratio of 3:1 or even 2:2. I suppose the idea behind this is to get a variety of light spectrums to the plant to use. Plants, or more specifically cannabis, apparently respond better to this. I am sure I could use all 2700k with no issue but since that is how I did my first grow I decided I would do it again.

7. #47 brucewarren, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
    I like to mix things up with a 3:1 ratio.. The absorption spectrum for chlorophyll peaks at both red and blue light, meaning that these wavelengths are best at exciting the electrons that drive photosynthesis and I also heard that 65k will cause bushiness while 27K will cause more height.

[​IMG]

8. so youre saying 3x6500k and 1x2700k during veg, and then flip flop that during flower?

what a confusing fucking process :confused:

feel like i need a PhD to start my first freakin' grow :eek:

9. Its easy to get overwhelmed with all the info out there, especially when peoples preferences and practices come into play. If you wanted to just use 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower I am sure your plants will do just fine. This is more of one of those preferences that I do as opposed to a rule of thumb.

10. each person will tell you different ways and they will say that theres is better. Just sift through the bs and make it the way you think your plants will like it. Just try to get it close to outside. You know in spring the light is very bright thats why its 6500k for veg. And in fall the light turns almost orange because its lower in the sky so thats when the plant knows to start flowering before cold weather comes and kills her. So thats why people say to use certain spectrum's. But if you didnt ever use anything other than 6500k youll be fine. its actually really easy to grow if you make it that way. Just get to know your strain and your plants and your indoor environment and youll do just fine. Dont let people tell you what to do in your grow. You should have an idea of what YOU want and just ask people for there input. If we all listened to everyone. My box would have 12 fans and 10different light sources and a whole bunch of other shit. But truth is nobody but you knows what your working with as of $ and time and space and smell, and all that stuff. Just dont worry youll do fine :)

11. Hi GC, I'm here to bore you all with another update... lol. Today marks Week 6 - Day 39 of this current grow. The Critical+ looks in rough shape. The leaves are very yellow in some spots. I'm not entirely sure what happened here but I think this is a result of a nitrogen deficiency. I don't really know why it occurred but maybe I should have started feeding nutrients earlier?

Any thoughts on this matter would be a great help [​IMG]

Not really sure how much longer these girls have to go but my last grow of the Red Dwarf finished in like 60 days. I don't know if this will be the same or maybe a little longer. The Critical+ has virtually no smell. I hope these buds turn out decent even with the deficiency and all. I plan to feed a couple or three more times before switching to plain water for the flush period of two weeks or so.

I have yet to toss these babies under the scope to see the situation but I will plan that for the next update and we can see what we see.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

12. yep I think you nailed it...a light N deficiency. she probably coulda used a slightly stronger (or earlier) feeding. Looks like she'll turn out fine man :) My C+ didn't have much smell either..just a light skunky sweet smell...pretty strong high though.

13. Hells yeah, I hope the Critical is nice. See, I held off feeding for about three weeks cause I figured the FFOF soil would provide enough nutrients for at least 30 days. I think this is not really the case but I'm not totally sure. If I continue to use the FFOF, which I probably will, I think I'll start feeding after two weeks instead of three or four, gradually of course.

Thanks Bongsauce for your thoughts on the matter, your shit looks bomb too. Tight!

14. Back again for another round of updates. I took more pics than I thought for this one so I' make two posts. Everything seems to be going alright. The two main colas have been beefing up a little which is nice, especially the Red Dwarf. I can tell now growing this a second time that the Red Dwarf is a wonderful strain which good autoflowering genes. Lots of nice trichomes everywhere on the buds and sugar leaves which you will see from some of the pics. If this was grown outdoors or I had the ability to let the plant really grow out in a bigger container I think she would do wonderfully. I think I am a fan of this Red Dwarf now and maybe I'll try the White Dwarf in the future. She is also really smelling a bit, it's a nice sweet smell. I am amazed how good the smell of these plant are while they are growing. Almost wanna take a bite lol.

The Critical+ is not as good in my opinion, at least not for my grow. As you can see from previous pics and the ones now, the Critical+ suffered from some nitrogen deficiency. This may have affected the overall production of the plant so I shouldn't judge by this one time. I am noticing a bit more smell from her now, nothing overpowering though, which is good. I am hoping at harvest time she will fool me and be really potent. I know my yield will not be that strong once all the buds dry out.

Against my better judgement I did decide to trim off some really yellow tattered leaves which I thought were serving no purpose and probably wasting energy. Not sure if this is true or not but I did it anyway. I'm hoping for the last few weeks or so I can have some light penetrate more inside the plants. I did this for mostly the Critical+ and a couple on the Dwarf.

I think I'll be shooting for a harvest date around the 70 day mark for both plants. I did take a look under the scope but forgot to take pics. There were some amber in both but not many, most were still clear/cloudy. I'll probably do a feed one or two more times then do a 10 to 14 day flush then chop chop...

Enjoy the photos :)

Attached Files:

15. this is cont'd from my last post...

Attached Files:

16. yeaaaa buddy

17. Hehe yeah, I guess that says it all :)

18. nice photos dude! your plants are looking real nice. so do you think the non-lsting helped in any way? i heard not lsting autoflowers helps increase yield a little

19. Not sure yet if I am gonna yield more or not. It's very deceiving while still on the plant and wet. My last grow pulled over an ounce wet and ended up with 8 grams, of which I still have some :D I am thinking that I may beat that though with this one, the Red Dwarf of course.

I am not sure if LST'ing would increase the yield or not. My first grow I started out in a shallow long pot and decided to transfer a bit late. I think most of the upwards growth was already done by that point. I think if I started in the one gallon pot for the whole grow and LST'd more proper the results could be better. Hell, if you can do it like mrbear you might pull a whole oz ;)

20. Top work Mr Minor,

Your grows are getting alot better.