PC games that you HAVE to have...

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by dom12, Mar 12, 2012.

1. #1 dom12, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    As the title says, what are some games that PC gamers must have, because I'm lookin to get some badass games to play on my new computer I just bought. Im buying battlefield 3 tomorrow, And i have minecraft, and would love to pick up another good game. Don't suggest mw3 or skyrim, because mw3 sucks and I'm returning Skyrim later...

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks :bongin:

2. If you haven't already, I always suggest The Orange Box. Or if you're just into multiplayer TF2 is free. Steam has a ton of free shit you could download and play one day if you're bored.

Counter Strike is kind of necessary too. I always enjoy a good round of Left 4 Dead as well. Oh and Audiosurf, get high as shit and it's a blast. There's a demo too.

3. Left 4 Dead is actually an amazing idea... Good looks my dude

4. RTS games? Starcraft 2 and Civ V
    Anything by Valve, Half-Life, HL2, Portal, TF2
    League of Legends is a free DotA type game
    Mass Effect 3 just came out, and I hear good things about ME2 and ME
    BioShock was awesome
    Deus Ex is cool, im not done yet
    I'm not into MMOs but i hear both good and bad things about SW:TOR
    Just jump on Steam and buy anything on sale.

5. bought...or built?

6. I bought it, it's an Asus laptop, the G53SX-NH71 if you're wondering lol.

7. I wouldn't do that, I guess steam got hacked n stole a bunch of users info

8. If you enjoy rpg's, I still haven't played one I like more than Dragon Age Origins. Makes me want to totally immerse myself in the world.

Just Cause 2 is fun for awhile, get to do whatever the fuck you wanna do in a huge open area.

Dead Space 2 is great and keeps you on edge.

Keep in mind these aren't all games I would necessarily recommend paying for. ;)

9. Portal and CS are like the classic PC games that always come to mind

Then there's things like Starcraft and Total War that have to be played on PC

And then there's things like Fallout/Skyrim/Dragon Age/Deus Ex that just play a lot smoother on PC... really any game with hotkeys too

Not to mention MP games like Battlefield with hosts of massive dedicated servers

so yeah... the list gets pretty long

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRp_mVi969I]Record Scratch - YouTube[/ame]
    WAT?

11. lol no, steam didn't lose any user information

they SUSPECTED that someone may have accessed ENCRYPTED files from like 8 years ago

pretty much nothing compared the PSN hack

12. Yeah, I got BF3 the other day, and I'm also looking hard at Starcraft 2... Fun game? I really like RTS's I guess I'll give it a shot.

13. The entire Half-Life series is a must for FPS fans. So is Quake.

14. Starcraft 2 is extremely fun and entertaining, but the learning curve is rather steep. If you do decide to pick it up I recommend watching some shoutcasts of pro games on youtube to pick up the nuances. I totally recommend it though. HDStarcraft is a great shoutcaster.

15. #16 marsdude89, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Stoner essentials:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. Day of the Tentacle is one of the best games ever made. "That door is bitchin!"

17. Get some age of empires or starcraft on that shit. Good for gettin high and killin massive time.

18. Dude hit up the Total War series. Great if you're even remotely a strategy fan, widely considered the king of strategy actually. Rome a good title, a little dated though, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 are totally legit games, I spent dozens of hours conquering the known world in Medieval :D

19. how do you like it so far? I just got the Asus G53SX-DH71 a couple months ago