pc fan

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by chargersdt66, Feb 19, 2012.

1. how would i connect a pc fan up to a phone charger or 12v ac dc apaptor in order to plug it in to a power strip in my grow box design. also can i just put the fan on the inside without cutting a hole or anything? im making it inside of a nightstand table that has three big drawers.

2. strip the wires, attach positive to positive and negative to negative with crimp connectors from your hardware store.

And yes you will need a hole. The point of the fan is to exhaust stale/hot air. Plants need a steady supply of co2 to breathe. An exhaust fan creates negative pressure, drawing in fresh air from passive intakes. Additionally any lighting you use in a small space such as a nightstand is going to make internal temps unbearable for the plant, without air flow through the box (not just around).

I suggest lurking the forums for a bit. Read some stickys, youll learn alot, and you will maximize the potential of your grow cab. Good luck, if you have anymore questions just ask.

3. you can ghetto it and wrap ground around outside electrical tape and stick positive in center of plug and tape up