pc fan wiring question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by drix224, Dec 10, 2009.

1. hey GC, i was just wondering in a grow box if i have 2 pc fans can i hook them up to 1 12v adapter, or should i get one for each. Just want to know because it will save me some cash, thanks

2. Do you know the rating (ma) on the adapter? You need to be careful due to fire hazards, but to give you an examply Im running four 80mm ball bearing pc fans on one 12v 800ma adapter. Theres no heat issues with mine because even with all 4 fans running it still doesnt use 800ma and therefore doesnt stress the wiring/adapter.

To put it in simple terms, yes you should be able to use one for both fans without a problem.

3. Thanks! That clears up a bunch. But how am I supposed to wire 2 fans to 1 adapter?

4. Theres a good question. Personally, I ran the adapter straight into an extra computer wiring harness type thing I had around. That let me have the ability to plug in/unplug any of the fans I want without having to worry about cutting wires/soldering new ones. If you arent as big of a nerd as me and dont have tons of extra parts laying around, just cut the connectors off the fans, strip the wires, and run the fans in a parallel circuit. (google that if you dont know what that is).
    Its all VERY simple and you shouldnt have any problems doing that.