PC Case Grow: 1 x 60 day wonder - 200W CFL

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by l33tcakes, Feb 25, 2013.

1. If your leaves are frosty, then it's okay to leave a lil, helps protect the bud from what I've read, but other dudes trim it ALL off for bag appeal. Either or is fine and basically depends on what you like

2. Trimming is different for everyone. Some people leave some leaf for weight, other because they dont care, and sometimes that leaf is just soo frosty you cant cut it off. (But thats usually not it)
    The terpenes and flavor of the plant is stored mainly in the calyxes so all that leaf really just takes like chlorophyll. So if your going for A+ bud with flavor, get your trimming scissors (do you have a good pair?) right up close to the calyx and cut all the leaves off
    would be my advice...find what works for you. you can find great how to trim videos on youtube

3. Time for an update!

After I flushed her, I switched her light schedule to 24/7 instead of 20/7
    (So the lights are out couple of days before harvest)

I have been cutting the dead fan leaves slowly from time to time

Now she is going crazy with the new pistil growth!

Having hard time determining when i should harvest.. Any ideas?

She's looking very frosty now!

Attached Files:

4. you switched her back onto 24 hours of light? o_O

5. Yeah, i switched to 20/7 when the plant was 2 weeks old

Now i just put her on 24/7 as the harvest time approaches
    couple days before harvest i will turn off the lights

But i don't know when to harvest tho.

6. whats the point of adding more hours of light close to harvesting time?

7. I was thinking that it might help producing bigger buds before harvest

There is no evidence behind this. I am just experimenting.

8. thats impossible mate, cannabis plants go into "flower mode" when they get approx 12 hours light and 12 hours darkness. you could opt for 13 light and 11 darkness, UNLESS its an auto where it will flower when its ready [usually a shorted lifespan than a photoperiod plant aka non auto]

9. #109 l33tcakes, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    Yeah but you see.. she have developed some new calyxes after i applied the new time schedule

So it was maybe telling her "No more time for rest! Produce more buds!" :smoking:
    And then she will get a good night sleep before i chop chop :smoke:

But that may not be the cause. Just an assumption, might aswell have been the flush etc.

10. #110 OgrAdaY, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    Haha bro read the title yes its an auto, the extra hours WILL* help, dont worry.

11. #111 l33tcakes, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    No suggestions?

EDIT:

There seem to be very FEW amber trichs, harvest may be friday or saturday.

12. Nice man nice, but I ready that the best time to harvest is when they are very cloudy about to turn amber.

image-3128559888.jpg

From all that I've read tho, I think you should harvest whenever most of them start to amber just a little.

13. Past their peak with degrading THC. I lol'd.

14. What's humorous .. Lol

15. Yeah, it's dregrading the thc and made into cbd I believe :p

16. At it's peak with full non degraded THC ftw :hello:

17. shes a beaut cakes! but i think its opposite with lightschedule. nearing end of its life, if u reduce the light down to 9hrs on 15 hours off the plant will think its nearing death and produce more resin to try to get pollinated, but theres no polllen so your left w/ extra resin. hope thats clear. and thats with all 3 species of cannabis. she looks great. it all depends on what kinda high u want as to when to harvest. up=mostly cloudy-couchlock/body=at least 35-50%amber. jmo though, gl with harvest.

18. lol you have a lot more hours in your day than I do in mine :p
    I guess you mean 20/4 & 24/0...
    I have experimented with light cycled quite a bit some years back and I always found the best results on 18/6, but more light hours isn't going to hurt. however I definitely wouldn't advise using less light hours

I believe the strain is said to take 60 days. this is 60 days until the earliest realistic time to harvest. peak time to harvest will be around 70 days

19. #120 l33tcakes, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    But if that is with the 3 species of cannabis, what makes it different from an indica harvested early (cloudy trichs which is responsible for the celebral high) with the sativa (head high)? I mean the difference by the maturity of the trichs and effects of sativa/indica
    Just wondering :smoke:

Haha yeah that's what i meant lol :smoking:

She is soon going to droop from the lack of water, it's a good idea to let the soil dry out completely before harvest, right?

Pics in attachments:
    What do you think I should do now?
    - Harvest her right now?
    - Trim her while she is on the soil and let her sit in dark for 2 days?
    - Leave her alone, turn off the lights for 2 days and then harvest?
    :rolleyes:

Attached Files: