paying with euro in US

Discussion in 'General' started by ProfessorX, Nov 20, 2012.

  1. Maybe this is a stupid question, but can I pay with euros in the states or have it changed in dollars somewhere without having to show my ID? As some of you might know I'm leaving the netherlands next week and going to travel, and I wanted to keep the money in my bank where it is and use cash money for it. And I don't have dollars, only euros and brittain pounds.

  2. :| you cant pay with euros in the US. how old are you?
    you need to convert your money, which you can do anywhere.
  3. I'm 23.
    I asked this because I know a few places that accept dollars in the netherlands.
    Can I convert my money without identifying myself? maybe low amounts of money each time?
  4. Why can't you just show id
  5. Nevermind, a friend told me a way to convert my money without having to identify myself.
  6. no one needs ID to convert money anyways? i've never needed ID when changing my money lol
  7. well, if you want to exchange money in the netherlands you either need to show your ID, or have money on a bank account, and they will give money from that account in another currency. Alot of people make a little money on the side without wanting to pay taxes on it. You can't do a goddamn thing with ''black money'' here. If I make a 5k deposit in my bank the dutch IRS is knocking on my door a week later. Now I need to order a Ukashout creditcard with a fake name on it to some postadress, and buy Ukash cards in stores with my cash, upload that cash over the internet, and if I'm in the states I can get dollars out the atm.

    So you can just walk into an exchange office, throw down, let's say, 2500euro's, and get dollars for that immediately without showing an ID? If that's the case that's way better!
  8. guess it depends how much you are exchanging then?
  9. Just small amounts, enough to eat and rent a place while I'm there.

    I'm checking an oregon real estate website, you guys have decent houses for 50k.:eek: Over here you pay 200k euro for a thesame. Too bad you need 500k investment to get a greencard, don't have that kind of money haha.
  10. woah that's a fuckton of money for a sure????
  11. #11 ProfessorX, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
    Yes 500k, you can use lets say 100k for the house, and use 400k for a business.

    Green Cards - 11 Ways to Get One - Apply Online: Fast, Easy, Economical

    edit: If I like it over there maybe better marry some hot stoner chick for a greencard haha
  12. #12 Superjoint, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
    dude just go to the GWK at any big railway station in holland and exchange your euros to dollars, you can take up to 10.000 cash with you abraod without questions asked, and no way anyone will aks oyu for your ID at the GWK's (grens wissel kantoor) , unless you come with a sportbag carrying 500k, duh.... you know money laundering is illegal right??? So please don't do it here....

  13. Never had this problem myself, but I can only assume that banks (which offer decent exchange rates) would put a limit on how much you can exchange at one time. If somebody sauntered in with, say $5000, that might raise a few red flags. You'd just have to do it in smaller lumps at different institutions.

    America is fucking difficult to get permanent residency in, unless you're going to school.
  14. Alright! :D
  15. Maybe I can get in because of my job? I'm a .net developer with 3years experience. But it would be good to own a house in the us. Work 6 months in the netherlands, and chill 6 months in the states. I'm coming to the point that I want/can buy a house, and I really don't want to do this in the netherlands.
  16. All you need is a job in the U.S., you get a working Visa. From there after you've been here a while, you apply for a green card. So on so forth.

    That site makes it seem like the U.S. is only taking high level professionals, scholars, and investors.

    Meanwhile, in reality, we give green cards to day laborers from Mexico every single day!
  17. Maybe I should move to mexico, and pretent I'm an illegal immigrant crossing the US border. Hope I don't get shot though.

    Thanks man, I'll look into that!

    Everyone else, thanks for replying.
  18. I'm not too studied on how it works in the US, but I've been under the impression you have to find an employer to sponsor you first, before being able to work. Unlike many other countries, which have working holiday agreements for young people. When I came to Australia on "holiday" I was instantly eligible to work. That let me work and travel at my own leisure and when it came to make the PR decision, I already had a job and just had to ask the boss I already had about sponsorship.

    The US system just adds a step to an already complicated process. For young people anyway. The working holiday visas are for under-30s.

Share This Page