Paxil + Xanax=??

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by GodsVagina, Aug 22, 2009.

1. is it ok?
    I haven't taken any paxil today but I know how anti-depressants and shit fuck up your brain chemistry and potentiate other drugs.. but I think paxil is a SSRI and i think it's MAOIs that do that?

can you take them together recreationally?
    Can you take xanax recreationally while on paxil? 10 mg paxil... idk yet on xanax maybe +4mg, tolerance tho and over a period.

2. dont use paxil man tell your doctor to change you to lexapro man paxil is fucking phicaly additive man i mean it will give you migraines and shit for the rest of your life

3. I know it makes me fuckin sick.. I'm tryna get sedatives, not anti-depressants... they just make me depressed and headache/stomach ache/heart palpitations.

but I can take a bunch a xanax today and it's not gunna fry my brain is it?

4. Paroxetine interactions with other drugs
    GlaxoSmithKline cautions that drug interactions may create or increase specific risks, including Serotonin Syndrome or Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)-like Reactions:
    The development of a potentially life-threatening serotonin syndrome or Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)-like reactions have been reported with SNRIs and SSRIs alone, including treatment with PAXIL, but particularly with concomitant use of serotonergic drugs (including triptans) with drugs which impair metabolism of serotonin (including MAOIs), or with antipsychotics or other dopamine antagonists. The prescribing information states that paroxetine should "not be used in combination with an MAOI (including linezolid, an antibiotic which is a reversible non-selective MAOI), or within 14 days of discontinuing treatment with an MAOI," and should not be used in combination with pimozide, thioridazine, tryptophan, or warfarin.[61]...

so paxil SHOULD be fine to mix with xanax?

5. I registered just to answer this question. Yes, Paxil + Xanax is okay. Prior to a major cancer operation I had years ago, I told the doc I was not feeling real happy (not surprisingly). They gave me Xanax before the operation and while I was in the hospital and out of it they started me on Paxil (without my knowledge).

After the operation, I would sometimes take Xanax just to zone out and forget my troubles. They prescribed me both. They knew I was taking both at the same time. If there was an interaction problem between the two drugs I'm sure they would not have let me take them both. I was also on massive doses of oxycodone so I was high as a mofo for a while there.

6. first post... I have a feeling I'm going to die today lol:

"Cimetidine, erythromycin, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, itraconazole, ketoconazole, nefazodone, propoxyphene, and ritonavir all interact with alprazolam leading to a delayed clearance of alprazolam, which may result in excessive accumulation of alprazolam. This may result in excessive sedation and other adverse effects associated with excessive intake of alprazolam"

doesn't say paxil but paxil is pretty much the same as these so I'm guessing if you use them both in large amounts or over a certain period of time they build up and cause massive sedation? could be a good thing tho too right ?? lol

I'm not too worried but I want to make sure... cuz paxil isnt on there but those are all SSRIs too.

7. :confused:

I forgot - they also had me on something called Buspar for a couple of months. So that's Paxil, Xanax, Buspar, and maximum doses of Percocet (oxycontin). Re "excessive sedation" - if all that s--- didn't kill me I doubt you'll have any problems with Paxil and Xanax. I remember several times getting ready to go to bed while high as f--- on all that stuff and thinking, "I wonder if I'll wake up tomorrow." Obviously, I did.

If you're that worried about it though, the solution is simple - don't take it. You're probably better off with high quality weed anyway. :smoke: Fewer side effects.

8. last weekend before everyone goes to college!! today the last day to party so I'm prob gunna get bud n eat tons of xannies

9. Have fun! Personally, I wouldn't mix Xanax with alcohol. I know plenty of people do it, though. The only side effects I had with Xanax were a headache the next day and feeling kind of foggy. That last one is pretty much standard for a lot of substances. :p