Pax vs. Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by scubachet, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Does anyone know how these 2 vapes compare? I already own the MFLB, but I just want a little something.. more.

2. im in your boat... i just ordered the pinnacle as a result of reading the fc forum thred

3. Does FC have a thread comparing these 2?

4. From what I've read the pinnacle max temp is not high enough for some people.

5. From what I've gathered:

Pax-
    •conduction
    •3 heat settings
    •holds approx. .3g (tightly packed)
    •maintenance highly required
    •problems with mouthpiece (resolved with newer model and lubricant)
    •approx. 2 hour battery life

Pinnacle-
    •convection
    •2 heat settings
    •holds approx. .2g (to bottom of flare)
    •minimal cleaning
    •mouthpiece sometimes has loose fit

Feel free to correct me and add input

6. Pinnacle has a 40 minute battery life.

7. That's all? I assume that's cause convection is more power hungry!

8. It is the superior choice..

9. Honestly, I'm leaning more towards pax right now. It's sleeker, 3 instead of 2 heat settings and 2 hours definitely beats 45 minutes

10. Sorry. Convection wins every time. There really is no contest. That's a deal breaker for me but maybe you enjoy the lower grade taste of conduction :confused:

11. Conduction is by no means "lower grade" it's just less efficient. And I'm sorry but I don't really want something I'll have to charge a million times a day

12. it most certainly is lower grade.

13. Medicinally, yes. You can take stuff from a Pax and vape it in a convection vape. But realistically, it's just another technology. They each have their own place.

14. #14 ilovebOObs420, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    i own a pax and think its great. looks great/ steathy and delivers massive vapor. i think its great for people with high tolerances that wants a portable. conduction sucks for desktop but for portables i think they are great for power users.
    looks like a pinnacle pro is coming out with higher temp settings, sound like a winner.

15. Portable convection vapes are power hogs, in terms of power conservation it's a lot better to use conduction technology. It requires a smaller battery and less power, although you could throw in a huge battery and have a very long lasting vape. :smoking:

16. personally i like it because of battery life and bowl size. when on the go i just want to get as high as possible as fast as possible while being stealthy. the pax was a happy fit for me. when buying a vape just buy what suit your needs. i'll be prolly getting the cera EO this week. hope its as beastly as i think it is.

17. Have you tried a pax? If not then stfu about it. The taste is just as good if not better than my DBV.

18. #18 Mrmrmrmr, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    I have and I know many people who would laugh in your face if you said that lol

19. You sound like such a condescending asshole saying it isn't as superior as other vapes. I have read a lot of your posts and a lot of them make you also sound like a dumb ass. You can't tell me that my opinion of vapor quality is wrong, it's my opinion and actually a lot of my friends too. Just because its not the right vape for you doesn't make it bad.

20. Whoa I'm not saying your opinion is wrong . Originally I was replying to someone in this thread that said conduction was just as good if not better than convection which is not true at all. Conduction may be your thing.