Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TheTerps, Jul 31, 2012.

1. try taking out the mouthpiece and cleaning it.

2. Mine does the color change thing too with a clean mouthpiece usually when the battery is at like 60% or less, not sure whats its trying to tell me if anything. Its like its reminding you what temp it was last set on or telling you that the battery is running down... or just a glitch...

3. Has anyone tried loading their oven up with oil on top of their buds yet?

4. not personally, but i have heard from others that it has worked fine

5. I just ordered the blue one :D Im going to cover up the ploom logo with an apple sticker so nobody will have any idea what it is :p

6. [quote name='"420GaNjX"']I just ordered the blue one :D Im going to cover up the ploom logo with an apple sticker so nobody will have any idea what it is :p[/quote]

How are you gonna see the light then?

7. Have had my Pax for a week and love it. It's so discrete we were able to vape last weekend in the movie theater during Campaign. :p

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this... But initially my Pax would not show battery status and some motion sensor functions were wonky. I called vapeworld for a replacement (great customer service by the way.) The rep mentioned I could just return it but she had a few people that put in for a return for these types of issues that reported that it just sort of cleared itself up in a day or two after the battery was conditioned. In that back of my head I sort of thought that was BS but thought I would give it a try. Sure enough, after about a day and a half of usage and recharging everything started working properly. :-}

8. I was under the impression that on the back it says ploom and has a logo or design or something, no im not going to cover the light, i need that :p

9. [quote name='"420GaNjX"']

I was under the impression that on the back it says ploom and has a logo or design or something, no im not going to cover the light, i need that :p[/quote]

Haha oo ok, didn't think of that lol

10. I would be ordering it if it was 200$ because unless its free shipping or something it'll be like 300$ overall because I'd add some accessories to it and then id buy either an 1/8 or a quarter and just vape the fuck out of it for two or three days maybe four to break it in.

11. I paid $237 at vapeworld w/ free shipping, no sales tax, and a (very decent) free grinder included but I don't think they are running the discount code anymore...

I've been doing exclusively layer of bud, layer of hash, layer of bud, and it works great.

My battery seemed to "condition" itself after a few days and charge cycles too.

12. Same^

god i love this freaking little thing. Way better/convenient than my mflb

13. If needed, would you ever be able to replace the battery? Batteries all need replaced eventually. Oh, I'm asking this question without any prior research so I apologize if it has already been answered or is obvious :p

14. ploom is going to offer a service for battery replacement(not in the warranty) and you COULD replace/upgrade the battery yourself, but it voids the warranty

15. My reasoning is that by the time the battery goes bad (hopefully at least 2+ years) there will be something else better on the market or the price on these will have dropped significantly and I'll just buy another one...

Even if this thing only lasted 2 years I would feel like I got my $ worth.

16. who wouldn't this? so fucking legit. moving from the vaporgenie "vaporizer pipe" to pax was a huge upgrade for me and now i'm saddened by the prospect of ever having fucked with the vg... lol should have read some vaporizer reviews before i bought that pos

17. #77 Komatic, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back from Canada to the UK. About to use it for the first time today .... just waiting for it to fully charge.

Questions:
    1. The boxing came with no wrapping?
    2. If I shake it, I can hear something loose moving around.
    3. How many hits of vapor should i take roughly from the medium setting?

Kom :smoke:
    There is no vaporizer smiley!

Edit: So I'm selling a pax vaporizer on ebay....

18. #78 petepete16, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
    I just recently got my Pax, and I find that it is really hard to hit. It feels like I'm trying to suck ice cream through a straw from a stubborn milkshake. Obviously I read about this issue before I bought it, but its hard to gauge whether I am taking too big or too little of a hit. I also have a difficult time convincing others that this thing is worth it because everyone complains that it is too hard to hit and then they give up before getting really high.

Also, am I the only one who noticed that the screen isn't actually a screen at all? The original photos I saw of the PAX showed a screen with actual holes in it, and the one that came with mine is just a metal plate with an imprint on it. Maybe this is causing the resistance felt when hitting it?

Also, I have noticed that if you aren't careful about leaving your thumb on the mouthpiece when you turn it on, the piece will literally just launch off the device and soar across the room. The first time that happened to me I laughed my ass off, but now it is a little bothersome.

I'm still trying to determine which temperature is best for the bud I'm using, but so far none of them really produce the kind of vapor that I'm used to seeing.

Lastly, to the guy who used it in a movie theater, are you crazy? Yes, this isn't as obvious as smoking, but the vapor still smells like weed. I used it on the street the other night and was getting looks and comments from people non-stop!

19. If you guys have had any trouble with your mouthpiece(this if for the people with the old one) you can just talk to them, and they will send you another one at their expense. very nice!

Before you do that, make sure to soak your mouthpiece in iso, then put it back in the pax(make sure it is not completely soaking and be careful not to get the temp button wet) then press it in and out a couple times and that will help clean the spring area.