Pax for heavy user

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mikedod69, Dec 25, 2014.

1. I've been smoking regularly for about 4 years now. I'm wanting to get a pax so I'm not inhaling smoke anymore. I'm wanting to know if the pax would be worth the 250$ price tag or should I just get a bong and stick with combustion

2. I am a heavy User. The pax battery will be the downfall. I just tor an ascent by davinci and it does the trick for me. Only a little larger than the pax. It has better tasting vapor seems like tripple the battery life and it can be used while charging.

3. does it not last long enough to get high?

4. It does not last the day away. I can get three sessions or so out of the pax and the ascent is lasting all day between charges. Not saying the pax is a bad unit at all just cant go away and expect it to last all day.

5. If you're willing to spend $300 + ....

Check out the Crafty or the Mighty vaporizers, made by Storz & Bickel. 

I own the Mighty and the Pax and it's not even comparable.... I was not impressed by my Pax, the efficiency is almost non existent, and I'm not a fan of the conduction that is constantly taking place. The only thing I appreciate about the Pax is how small and portable it is..Keep in mind, because of this, you will have to really be up with the maintenance, or else your vape will get dirty fast. The Mighty is much more of a "heavy hitter" and is way more efficient because it uses a combination of conduction and convection when heating your herbs. The Mighty is larger and less portable, however the Crafty is basically a mini Mighty.

So to answer your question: As a Pax owner myself, no I don't think the Pax is worth the $259 price tag, and especially not for a heavy user. There are much better options out there for starting out with vaporizers. You don't need to spend a lot to find a nice quality vaporizer.

Do some research brotha!

6. On the other side of the spectrum I just purchased a pax and feel like I got exactly what I payed for...
    A 150 dollar vaporizer and a 100 ten year warranty that doesn't cover the death of the battery.  It's functionally awesome and user friendly.  But the cleaning thing is true.  But honestly the comparison between an iphone and a pax are on.  If you run microsoft windows 8 go with a Storz and Bickel.  If you're looking for something that does the job, is pretty attractive, and is user friendly... Apple/Pax/Herbalizer.

7. Does it have to be a portable? 

Pax is very overrated. The form factor is great, but the operation is lacking. For the $$, not worth it. As mentioned the Mighty/Crafty will be far superior. 

What does an opinion on a cell or computer have to do with vaporizers? Just because I run Linux and Windows means that I shouldn't buy a Pax? That is utterly ridiculous. I don't see the Pax being all that user friendly, as you get extremely limited temp control, and a smelly, maintenance heavy vape. 

I am not overly familiar with crafty/mighty but @crony raves about his. Still though depending on usage, a desktop, plug in can be a better choice. 

What in the fuck are you talking about?   

Totally agree with Mark.   I've heard a lot of ridiculous statements made here but this one takes the cake.

I can understand the comparison between a Pax and Apple Products in that they kind of share the same kind of design aesthetics, but beyond that, your statement above makes no sense whatsoever.

9. Yo screw the PAX. Its completely over hyped and over priced. First off, theres so many people that are burning their lips cause the part where you pull in from is so hot.
    The unit itself becomes incredibly hot sometimes. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again; don't get fooled by how products look. The vapor quality is what you're looking for, and I can honestly say that there are far better options than the PAX if you're looking for something in that price range. Look up some reviews. Reviews are honest and a lot of individuals get vaporizers shipped to them just to review it for viewers. They have no reason to lie and most of them go into detail and show you everything.

If you really want something thats great for that price range or less, go with the Arizer Solo. 

10. Okay, we all need to remember that some people post when they're toasted sometimes. I think he/she meant to use operating systems as a metaphor.. As in, pax is user friendly like Mac is, and the other isn't as friendly but can do more, like w8. Relax lol. Unless they truly meant the original thought and then lmao. I love my pax. I can clear 4 bowls before I have to charge it. That's 25+ hits from each bowl on green and orange (temp settings). It takes no more than 10 min to clean once a week.. I've cleaned mine religiously since I've gotten it and it hits perfectly and tastefully every time.

11. #11 lwien, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    One thing that I think is very important in reading user reviews is to qualify those reviews and one way to do that is to ask the reviewer which other vaporizers they have used.  

It's one thing to say that a particular vape is a great vape, but compared to what?    There are many here who will give a very positive review about a vaporizer without stating that it is either the only vape that they have ever used or that their previous vapes were all Chinese knock-offs or pen vapes.    

What you want is a review from someone who has used or owned multiple vaporizers from very legit manufacturers so that you can get a review based on some comparative analysis rather than a review done in a vacuum.

12. Dude don't let your vagina get frothy. Pax is similar in many ways to an apple product, highly inflated price for a usually highly responsive cUstomer service, active warranty, and sexy design. Other then that I could literally link you to many many video reviews from people with thousands of dollars invested in vape reviews advocating the pax most often and a close second the new crafty and laughty units, plug yourself in and cool down fanboy.

13. #13 lwien, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014

Other than the stealth factor, ANY review that would rate the Pax over the Mighty or Crafty is totally absurd.

btw, since you brought up video reviews, here's a nice little review comparing all the latest portables on the market.    Wonder why they left out the Pax.   ;)

http://youtu.be/2uQulBNkGuQ

But to those watching, please don't take one video review or any one persons opinion on which vaporizer to get.    Like I stated above, it's best to get multiple opinions from those that own multiple vaporizers.    A vaporizer that may be the right one for one person could be very wrong for another and visa versa.     

Just do the research.

14. #14 SpartanM39, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
    Gape fiend? I'm not going to listen to a reviewer that thinks they have a pen vape that could actually stand up to a real vaporizer. Discussions pretty over.

Pax was not included because pax was new in early 2014 not late 2014 like the rest of the vaporizers he reviewed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MXv4lBdt41I

What's interesting about that link with the Pax in the mix is that the Pax was voted as the least favorite vaporizer in the mix.    No one picked it as the best.    Some picked it as the worst.

Does this mean that the review should be the basis for anyone choosing a particular vape?    Nope.   One needs to see multiple reviews to help choose the right vaporizer for them.

16. From what I can see from the posts, if it has to be portable I suggest the crafty or mighty as they are great units (yes they are $400 and up). It may not be the best for you and your situation but if by going for quality vape and product... my suggestion would be those. If looking for one at home and don't need portable - the plenty gives monster hits and isn't much more than the PAX.

BTW any vape I give my opinion on is one I own or used/use often with someone who does. Sorry can't be more helpful.

17. Another contribution I would like to add is that my mflb beats the hell out of my pax

18. I got the Arizer Solo and its not as stealth but the taste of the vapor is slightly better than PAX and I find myself getting higher off it. 
    Just chiming in once more.