PAX by Ploom question.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by aherst94, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Hi,

I recently purchased the PAX by Ploom so that I could smoke, but not effect my running performance.

There are three settings on the device. From your experience, what do you recommend to be the best setting for herb?

Thanks for the advice!

P.S. Are there any risks associated with smoking vapor? Thank you!

2. one does not smoke vapor...you just inhale vapor...and no, no risk, unless you're vaping while doing loops on a nascar track and not watching for that next left turn...:p

but to me, runners, those using lots of lung time, may want to look at edibles:confused:

3. I don't really have access to edibles. I only run four times a week, but I would like to eliminate negative effects on my lungs as much as possible. Vaporizing seemed like a good option.

I know this may sound silly, but is inhaling vapor similar to inhaling humid air (health wise)?

Thank you very much for the response. Do you know anything about the optimal setting for the PAX?

4. Start with setting one, then a little later switch to setting 2, then switch to setting 3, gradually move up to get all the range of cannabinoids you can.

Also vapor is just oxygen bound to THC, CBD, other cannabinoids.

No harmful effects.

5. edibles are a different high, anyway. i bike and go to the gym regularly and still vape daily. granted, running is a bit different... but i think you'll be ok.

the setting, you just have to play around with it. there isn't a "right" or "wrong" setting. Some bud may vape best on a higher setting, while other bud could be better on the low setting. I don't know much about the pax, but with da buddha, the speed you inhale effects the temperate as well. so if you inhale very slowly, you might want to keep the temperature lower. inhale faster, put it at a higher setting. there are a lot of variable and everyone's a little different. there may even be differences in the pax units themselves, so my best advice is to just experiment!

though, i do need to ask: how do you like the pax? i've been considering getting one to use "on-the-go," but i'm hesitant since they cost more than my buddha did

6. #6 Apu Rayme, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    The pax is awesome man, although there isn't as much freedom for draw speed with it. To really get the most out of it you have to puff on it like you would a cigar, getting a nice amount of vapor in your mouth/throat, then just inhale for a good hit. Its kinda like what one does to make a joint a bit smother. It is a bigger investment, but having purchased an arizer solo for on the go, and now the pax, I certainly can justify the difference in price. The pax is just perfect for a quick session on the go. There aren't any loose parts, the heat up time is quick, and you really can get a lot of hits from one oven pack.

OP, just play around with the settings until you find what you like. I have been spending a lot of time in orange and red (medium and high), and its been great. I'll probably end up playing with all three settings at a bonfire i'm going to tonight with some friends. :smoke:

7. Thank you both for the response! I really appreciate it.

Personally, I LOVE the Pax. I feel like it's the the "iPhone" of Vaporizers. It has such a nice design, which really appeals to be nerdy side, but the draw is pretty nice and I get a good high.

Plus, you get a 10 YEAR warranty when you purchase it from VapeWorld or the Ploom website. For me, that justified the high cost of the device. I was worried about letting all that money go at first, but I am more than happy with my purchase!

8. [quote name='"aherst94"']Thank you both for the response! I really appreciate it.

Personally, I LOVE the Pax. I feel like it's the the "iPhone" of Vaporizers. It has such a nice design, which really appeals to be nerdy side, but the draw is pretty nice and I get a good high.

Plus, you get a 10 YEAR warranty when you purchase it from VapeWorld or the Ploom website. For me, that justified the high cost of the device. I was worried about letting all that money go at first, but I am more than happy with my purchase![/quote]

That exactly how I felt/feel about buying one :D I love it haha

9. i almost strictly vaporize on the highest temperature setting, forget the other two. just my preference. to each their own.