PAX 3

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Kleiny76, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Does anyone have a pax three? I don’t get what am doing wrong I pack a full oven and it seems like I get a few good puffs and then nothing. Turn it off turn back on and maybe I can get a puff. I read people having theirs last all day. I don’t understand how I can go through a full oven so fast. I am also knew to the pax 3 and all this. I keep it on the high settings

2. Defective? I pack it at 4pm. I take a hit every hour or so and it lasts til bedtime

• Like Like x 1
  3. So with a pax u don't smoke the whole bowl? Dang doesn't it taste old and dried up? I use a focus tourist. I smoke the whole bowl. Just like a cigar is nasty after u put it out and than try to smoke later

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Not really if you smoke it over a few hours. I wouldn't load it up or go beyond several hours

5. Humm i guess I smoke so much weed, I never tried it. I smoke like 10 bowls a day. Plus wax lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. watch some tube videos

7. I tried. Maybe am wrong maybe my expectations are high. It is good for maybe 4 hits with a full oven. And I usually do that in a row.

8. I am relatively new to smoking weed, I used to be a smoke so I assiocated smoking weed like a cigarette, smoke whole thing at once attitude. So I am just curious if it me or the vape. Trying do to many hits at once

9. I've never tried 4 hits at a time. Have done 2 but no change in resistance

10. I used to smoke but vaping is different. I also have a adapter so I vape thru a small bubbler

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are you not happy with the amount of vapor you get from each packing of the heating chamber?
    Or are you not happy with the battery life per charge?

12. I just re read your original post.
    How large is the heating chamber on the pax3?
    How much vapor you get from each fill of your units heating chamber depends on a few things. The largest influence (in my opinion) is flower quality. Some flower will fluff up at grinding and disappear quickly in the vape. While other higher quality flower can provide twice as much vapor. Quality of flower is important.
    Another major influence in vape production is the temp your running your unit at. Again, flower quality plays a roll here as well. I’m positive that the pax3 has pretty good temp adjustability. Lower temps will provide better tasting vapor while higher temps will produce larger clouds.

13. I have the Pax3...I use the smaller bowl. I get a couple of good puffs when I turn it on, with temp on med. A higher temp will give you bigger clouds, at the expense of flavor. I find one bowl lasts through a single session, so my experience is not much different than yours.

Pax not my fave vape.

14. I will pack it full and use it all evening and night. I have no idea how much it holds

15. I have an issue with clouds too. I get around 1-3 good puffs. Just purchased mine yesterday.

16. For anyone having problems: check your grind, the relative granularity has a lot to do with the amount of vapor. To fine prevents proper circulation for all material. Try different grinds to see what works best. Also try different compression: packing too tight restricts air flow and packing too loose enables good air flow, but may not properly cook your material.

17. Could be a knock off, theirs so many fake pax's... I had a pax 2 and you could easily get 15 to 20 pulls from it...

18. Per pax, grind it up time and pack it till it doesn’t fall out when you turn it upside down.
    I think max the bowl is almost .5 gram? Probably wrong.
    The battery lasts all day yes, or about 9 full sessions. Each bowl should be a solid 5-7 min session though. One thing about valet as someone pointed out is at lower temps you will not see it on the exhale, but you’ll definitely taste it. One solid way to know when your done with the bowl is when it starts tasting a little Ike popcorn

19. A few tips I've learned since I've gotten mine:
    - Sometimes a small amount seems to go nearly as far as a full oven, once it's packed properly. If you're having it by yourself play around with bowl sizes and use the half pack lid. I also found a sandwich press for it on amazon that works much better than the standard screen and means you can make the oven as small as you like. It was very cheap.

- Pack it finger tight. Tight enough that it won't come out if you tip it, but not so tight that it feels almost clogged. If you use the above sandwich press, not too tight. That's best for heat distribution.

- Make brownies with the leftovers!! There's a lot more buzz to be had from what's left in the oven. I was very pleasantly surprised at this and it made it go from what I felt was a somewhat inefficient use of the stuff to by far the most efficient use of it. I'm surprised you don't hear about it more.

- Grind it as fine as you possibly can (almost a powder). I flip the grinder and just grind away for a few minutes.

- Put it on a tray in the sun for a couple of hours to dry it out after grinding. It makes a big, big difference. Especially if the flower was a bit moist to begin with.

- If you stir and repack it you'll often get a little extra, though not too much if it's packed right. This can be big if it was too tight to begin with though.

Good luck and I hope you're so f*cking high right now!!

20. you also gotta practice your inhale technique with the pax. since its conduction you gotta sip it slowly like your drinking hot ass coffee.