Pax 3 - Is it worth it!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by puffpuffaway, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Hi There, so I am looking to add the Pax 3 to my collection... can anyone give me their take on the Pax 3!
    Short and sweet, I have the Mighty and know that not much will compare, however, taking the mighty out and about being a small lady as myself just looks too funny! I would like to find something a little more "elegant" but still produces quality Vapour!
    Any Advice will be much appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  2. If you really wanna pay that much just to get baked, be my guest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have a Pax II..worst thing I ever bought..Poor taste, hard to draw on, very small clouds, and heavy..The only thing I liked on the Pax III, was that it is able to vape wax too..Bad news IMHO.
    Wish I had the $200 back; I would buy more soil and Nutes..:)

4. I have a pax 2 and love it, no real complaints here yet. Draw with normal endpiece is tight but I bought one of the vented bottoms for it and works like a charm. Haven't tried pax 3 yet but probably will at some point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. I just picked up a pax 3, thing is awesome... literally heats up in 10 seconds, easy to hit, big hits, I use the thing every day now for work, thing is tiny easy to carry, I think it's worth the money, but I'm someone that had expensive taste so I guess... 10 year warranty, you get your money's worth...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Check out the Davinci IQ and the FireFly 2

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pax 3 is a totally different machine than the Pax 1 or 2. It should be judged solely upon its own merits. I personally preferred the 1 over the 2 because I liked when they had a version of that style mouthpiece that works, plus the bigger oven. Imo, Pax 3 is the best *portable* on the market. It has a battery that will last 2 days for a light vaper, all day for a heavy one, and with an AC adapter(sold seperately,) it charges in an hour. Cleaning is also 5 minutes every two weeks over previous models that required around 10 mins every day or 2. And the app, and the extra level of control it brings really seals things. Sure, arguments could be made that there are portables out there that taste better for longer, but they hold 1/10th the amount and require frequent stirring. With a Pax 3, you can fill it at the beginning of a workday and have enough for 3-4 sessions without having to repack or stir. Does it lose flavor? Yeah. But so does all herb when you cook it, and imo, it minimizes flavor loss in comparison to a lot of other conduction vapes. So sure. If you're looking for something for parties, there might be better options. But if you need stealth for work reasons, I don't think the Pax can be beat. It puts out clouds without stinking too much, and the lack of stirring means there's no risk of having a piece of herb fall out and stick to your shirt over your lunch break(yes I know people who have been fired for this.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Get the Pax 3. Let's be honest, it won't match the Mighty in vapor quality, but it blows that thing out of the water in almost every other category. It looks sleek, almost more like a portable battery than a vape. Heats in 10 seconds and you don't have to vape the whole bowl in one session. Battery life is above par and Bluetooth functionality is cool. The fact that you can vape wax is very underrrated and something I utilized a lot. It's a good investment for the money and the 10 year manufacturers warranty shows it's built to last

• Like Like x 2
  9. Personally I am waiting for the pax4 has built in ipod led flash light and some other gadgets.

10. If you're looking for other options, take a look at the Vapium Summit+. It can be had for around $100 if you catch the sales right, $150 at full price. It has most of the Pax 3 features, including bluetooth app support (ONLY bluetooth 4.0, so check that!). Battery life is good. Water and shock resistant (billed as being able to shower with it, but *I'M* not testing that...) 8 different temp setting on it, with a good spread of temps. It's a little heavier and slightly bigger than a Pax 3, but not ridiculously so.

11. Quantity and quality are two different things. If you're the kind of person who takes things up to 4-420+ until your AVB looks like dark chocolate, you may like the Mighty more. If you're someone that likes to take lower temp hits at 360-380 for as long as it's possible, and only occasionally go up to 4-420, there's a good chance one would favor the Pax 3...

12. care to explain? are you saying this because battery life? I use my pax on red hi temp all the time (410)always turn dark are temp higher on the mighty? than the newest one?

I myself would not a vape that you can not replace the battery's or charge outside of unit just saying during the 10 year you will need to replace the battery .

I would try the pax one first ebay for like 50 bucks or so they pretty cheap now.

there are many new vapes coming out now I would look around more so far the IQ looks good but they did use
    a few ideas we had nice to know they are listening .

13. Thank you for your advice, I went ahead and got myself the PAX3 and although the only thing it can't compete with against the mighty is the incredibly precise flavour you get from the mighty, however, everything else about it is AMAZING! I personally haven't needed to use my mighty as the PAX 3 satisfies me completely! I bought my PAX 3 from Vape Store, and boy do I love her!

• Like Like x 1