Pawn Shops

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazinStangs, Nov 4, 2011.

1. I'm about to take some stuff to a pawn shop, I need the money but I don't need the stuff. Should I expect to get lowballed? Any tips to haggle the price a little?

2. you'd be better off selling it on craigslist. you're guaranteed to get lowballed.

3. Yeah I gotta agree with Misc on this. I'd say bundle all you have and attempt to sell it as a package deal on Craigslist. :wave: What are you selling btw.

4. [quote name='"greedyorphan"']Yeah I gotta agree with Misc on this. I'd say bundle all you have and attempt to sell it as a package deal on Craigslist. :wave: What are you selling btw.[/quote]

PSP, digital camera, portable DVD player, 8gb iPod nano, and a Cold Steel pocket knife. I never use any of it. I figure I'll get at least $150 out of all of it

5. Maybe. But I'd definately check the wanted ads on CL to see if anyone needs some of these things. You may be able to pull more than $150 who knows.

6. you would most likely get under $100 at a pawnshop.

7. I hate pawn shops and the people that associate with em.

8. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']I hate pawn shops and the people that associate with em.[/quote]

Well I don't have many other options. I need the money by monday

9. go around trading all of it for things until you end up with a car :laughing:

10. youll be lucky to get $75 from a pawn shop for all that. go for craigslist, people will pay. craigslist works fuckin well

11. Yea man i think you could probably pull 200 if you sold all that stuff on CL. Cept nobody would buy the pocket knife.

Just go on there and search for each of your items. Prices vary from area to area. Like in Philly where everything is stolen i got a 360 just the box for 30 dollars.

But if you live in like a good town the prices will be higher. So just look.

12. Don't go to pawn shops where the owner's first language is not english. Asking to get paid nothing.

13. You can get 80 just for the psp since they're hackable

14. You'll get low balled to shit, my uncle had a 100% custom gaming computer ranging into the 4-5k they offered him 1,000...

He just chuckled and sold it on Castanet for 3500.

15. Of course the pawn shop is going to lowball you - they need to make money too.

A lot of the time the things they buy will just sit on their shelves taking up inventory space with no ROI for a long time.

Like the other posters have said, I would recommend going with Craigslist. The PSP and iPod alone will net you over $100 and you'd probably walk out with less from a local shop.

16. When you (or someonelse) bought all that stuff when it was new, that stuff would probablly add up to be like 400-600 bucks.

17. But all that stuff is outdated. No point in keeping any of it. I mean an 8gb ipod nano is like 20 bucks now.

18. [quote name='"TazzLAzz"']

But all that stuff is outdated. No point in keeping any of it. I mean an 8gb ipod nano is like 20 bucks now.[/quote]

Exactly. Not to mention none of it is being used. Maybe the iPod on occasion, but I plan on getting a new one soon anyway

19. Yeah guys, you were right. Bitch tried to give me $20 for my PSP, I was like ehh..I'm good