Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pawn Shops legit?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Stickyicky1014, Mar 14, 2009.

1. So in my last thread you can see i got robbed on 60 dollars, so im going to a pawn shop in a little and me and some freinds are going to pawn some things such as a digital camera that onlinwas worth anywhere from 150-250, more towars 200. Also a camcoreder that was worth around 150 but i payed alot more than that. The camera is a nikon coolpix 4600 and the camcoreder is a JVC Mini DV GR-D290U. How much do you think i will walk out with. Thanks guys for helping.

2. Different pawn shops are difinetly going to ask for different prices, it depends on the person I guess. Don't get ripped off though. Im guessing somewheres around $125-$250. Don't let him get away with ripping you off though :D

3. Thanks for the advice bro any special ways tolike let them know you know your shit and your not going to get ripped off you know? Ive never been in such a bad financial situation where ive had to go to a pawn shop.

4. Pawn shops make their money by selling things for a reasonable retail rate. They pay *far* below that rate for things you pawn to them. Figure at best you'll get half the face value.

5. Just tell em your looking for anywhere between how ever much you want (ex. $125-$250). This is what I have done before and it usually works out :D Good luck my friend.

:smoke:

6. they prob won't give you much because they know you really need it. they will only give you about a quarter of what its worth.

but like BDAMbuddz said all the shops are diffrent

they don't even have pawn shops around here anymore, because nobody really tried to sell anything there unless it was stolen. H came into my town really bad, so the police shut down the shops to cut down on theft.

7. I find this true for little items like movies, games, dvds. But when it comes to bigger items my local pawn shop tends to be more reasonable, i'm not sure about your pawn shop though :eek:

8. I haven't pawned anything in decades, I just know a pawn shop owner and know people who have pawned stuff. You're right though; they will deal more on big ticket items because even if they get a lower % profit they still make good money.

9. quickk 411 on how pawn shops are rolling theses days especially with how things are with the economy anything that you take to sell at a pwan shop your only going to be getting about 20% of what its actually worth anything over that and your def trying to push it if i were you id def just post it up on Craigslist and express that you need it sold asap your def better off selling it that way if your expecting to recieve any money for it ...i took a thousand dollar laptop one time and the most that theyd give me was 200 dollars

10. pawn shops are usually a big joke.

the person running the thing usually doesn't know what the fuck half of the things he is selling are all about. ebay that shit, craigslist, talk to people, but go to pawn shops as a last resort

11. That's always been the case. Pawn Shops should be used only when you REALLY need money TODAY at any cost.

12. Put it on eBay, a good camera will sell in days for far more than you would get at a pawn shop.

13. If getting robbed 60 dollars worth of weed is giving u these financial woes, mabye its time to find another hobby.

14. If you were to pawn of that nikon camera in my area you would be lucky to get 80 bucks for it if you haggled a little bit.

that camera is from 2005 and is worth $200 brand new...so take into consideration the depreciation value.

15. not cool man

16. not cool man[/quote]

What's not cool about it? He's absolutely right. If someone is pawning shit and scraping the barrel because of cannabis then that someone has a problem.