Pawn Shop

Discussion in 'General' started by Totaled, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hey I was hoping someone here has had more experience in pawn shops than myself. So basically I'm really short on cash and have a 4th Gen iPod Nano 8 Gig that I may sell to the pawn shop. I was wondering if anyone here could give me an estimate of what a pawn shop might pay for it, because I don't want to drive down there and then only get $5 out of it..that would be more money lost that i do not have.

Thanks,

2. Sell it on ebay, its easier, faster and safer.

3. Call the pawnshop closest to you and ax how much theys willing to give you for it, ya nomseen?

4. It'll DEFINATLY be worth more to sell online...

But if your looking for like...

$40 by this afternoon I'd go to the pawn shop

5. OP has become reallyyy desperate for weed

6. Craigslist might take a day or two but you will sell it

7. Probably $20

8. yea id say anywhere from 20-40 depending on its condition and how many they may have vs how many are selling...

some sites are selling refurbished or used ones from 60-80ish

Your best bet is too just look online for used ones and figure your price at a shop if you are selling will be most likely a bit lower, pawn shops dont have the variety of customers the internet does lol

9. I goto Pawn Shops all the time .... But not to sell them anything. They rip people off in what they give offers to because they sell for so low. They too are competing with Craigslist, Ebay ECT..

My suggestion is either Ebay, Amazon, or Craigslist. They all have their advantages. I just sold a Ipod touch 3rd gen on Amazon within 2 days of the posting. Ebay they will try to get the lowest price and you may get shafted as most people are snipers and don't bid til the last second. Craigslist is slower to sell things on generally but you get cash in hand at time of sell. Amazon makes you wait a week after you confirm shipping, ebay you have to wait for the paypal payment and then 3-5 days to deposit it in your bank unless you have a paypal visa.

10. ha $20. traded an older model woofer for a nice fender while i was there as well.

11. if you have nothing helpful to say please don't comment.

12. #12 Dude Man Bro, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    I'm sorry, but who the fuck are you?

Homie can comment on anything he likes. Deal with it.

Yea but you cant be disrespectful on here. Do not do this again. ~ SIRSOG

13. #13 Totaled, Nov 15, 2012
    haha one of those guys ...why you mad?. smoke a joint, "homie". Damn internet pussy lol.

Name-calling and disrespect is not tolerated here - WW

14. #14 Dude Man Bro, Nov 15, 2012
    Bravo, SIRSOG, bravo. I can't say "who the fuck are you?" but this random guy with all of 30 posts can go around calling people pussies without any problem. That makes complete fucking sense. :rolleyes:

If you have an issue with a moderator's actions you take it up with our Admin RMJL, posting about it is a rule violation -WW

15. Take 1/3 of its value, and start from there. Every scratch reduces it further.