Paul Ryan- Don't interfere with legalized MMJ

Discussion in 'Politics' started by angusbeef, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Probably pandering to the marijuana vote...didn't you hear about Romney's position? : P

2. Ive heard this before...

3. Yes, we all heard the current hypocrite-in-chief make promises only to crack down harder then ever before.
    There is a good chance R & R will respect States rights.
    There is ample PROOF the current occupant does not.
    He had very favorable conditions to change Fed. policy on Cannabis but chose not to.
    He could have been THE ONE.
    The public polls show enough support.
    Jobs would have been created.
    Taxes would have been generated.
    Prisons would be less crowded.

While I dont think R&R will change anything, I do think they will have the Feds stop kicking in dispensary doors!

4. Yeah. They're called "lies".

Politicians like to call them "talking points".

Intelligent people like to call it "opening their mouth".

5. Anyone ever hear of biden stepping in being like "HEY, Obama, we should talk about this because I'm the VP and I have a voice too!"

as a matter of fact, I haven't seen Bidens face since the election, except for maybe...a handful of times? if that

paul ryan aint changin big daddy mittens with his young swagger.

6. You still don't get it do you?

A good chance? There's a better chance of them lying about everything now to get into office.

There have been many, many opportunities for every President, current and past, to change Federal policy. Below is why they haven't.

Public polls are for media hype. They don't create or change Federal policy and law. Lobbyists do. Good luck going against Alcohol, Tobacco, and Big Pharma. Their lobbyist budget alone is likely in the hundreds of millions. And if public support was really in place, you would see hundreds of millions of dollars being poured into NORML to take a stand next to them. When people put their money where their mouth is, then and only then will they be able to talk the language of policy, which is Greed.

Jobs are created. By building new prisons and hospitals to care for all those addicted and dying from all of the legal alternatives, and arresting those who want to consume anything else deemed "illegal" (a.k.a. not profitable enough)

Uh, more taxes than Alcohol, Tobacco, or Big Pharma, THE three industries that would likely be hit hardest with a Federal legalization movement? No way in fucking hell would cannabis ever amount to that amount of revenue due to it's lack of patent control alone.

And until you can prove that you will be a larger provider to the Federal Government in the form of taxes, policy will likely not change.

Since when was THAT ever the motivation of late? Prisons have become privatized, and therefore greedy corporate fucks want to build as many as they can because it's now profitable to. Of course, you need more and more draconian laws to ensure "demand" meets "supply" here...

Assume the worst my friend when it come to politicians vying for office. You will be right 90% of the time. And remember who is really in control here; Lobbyists.

7. To quote a comment from the OP link:

8. July 25, 2007 H Amdt 674
    State and Federal Medical Marijuana Law Enforcement and Implementation
    Vote to adopt an amendment that states the funds in HR 3093 will not be used by the Department of Justice to prevent the states of Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington from implementing their state laws regarding the distribution, possession, and cultivation of medical marijuana.
    Amendment Rejected - House (165 - 262)
    Rep Paul Ryan voted: Nay

June 15, 2005 H AMDT 272
    Medical Marijuana Use Amendment
    Vote to adopt an amendment that bans the Department of Justice from arresting, prosecuting, or suing individuals involved with the distribution or use of medical marijuana in states that have laws authorizing such use.
    Amendment Rejected - House (161 - 264)
    Rep Paul Ryan voted: Nay

http://democraticvision.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981615246

9. Even Romney admits that this is an issue supported by democrats, and he must. not. agree. with. democrats!

10. Yes,it seems all polititions lie and flip-flop to get into office.
    It sucks, but it is what it is!

The administration in office currently, though, has been literally kicking in doors and shutting medical marijuana dispensaries more than anyone else.
    That is a fact.
    I dont care what his voting was 05 or 07.
    I care what he is doing.
    As I stated, I dont expect much out of either party on this.
    BTW I agree the pharma, prison,alcohol, and Legal industries are against legalization.

11. i hope we learned something from Obama..

words are just words.

12. Whoever gets elected, it wont make a difference to me as I live in a non MMJ state.

My state, one of the top states for illegal cannabis production, is too beholden to tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs to legalize, unfortunately!

The more people get educated with the truth about this plant the more the polls will turn in our favor!

13. Not so sure we learned much from the last dozen talking heads in that position when it comes to campaign promises, but at least this time around, we're keeping track (http://www.politifact.com/)

Only difference with Obama is they tried to make him a damn rock star in the process. Why do I have this sickening feeling that we'll have a POTUS reality show before the end of the decade...we sure do love us some good ol' fashioned mindless sensationalism! :smoke:

14. I used to think Obama might legalize in his second term so he could make bank telling his story with speeches and books. Then I woke up.

15. Look no further than this post to see how some people pass judgement on what society "as a whole" thinks about an issue. By looking at the comments section of a yahoo article.

16. looks like the republicans have realized that pandering to only old white straight christian men isn't going to get them elected in 2012.

17. Paul Ryan

They changed their minds once that campaign event was over...surprise surprise.