patriotism root of all racism ???

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mooglekexin, Apr 9, 2003.

?

am i right ???

1. ... you are right !!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ... fool no my (insert country)'s ass is gonna kick yours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i see where you are coming from, but i dunno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. mooglekexin, you are a shoddy digit clone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i run the risk of sounding like a budweiser commercial here but i can think of no better answer to that than.....

TRUE.

-no sig required ;)

2. indeed true, but i'll introduce another reason that might add to the theory. change.

some people cannot handle change. they fear it. loathe it.

they cocoon in their own world, where new impulses are shut out. if something should happen to disturb this delution, impose upon it, they lash out.

the most chang'o'phobic nurse their fears with inspiration from say religion, ideology or proudness in ones own country.

racism a manifestation of this fear of change.

3. as an old expression i got from my primary school headmaster goes: better the devil you know than the devil you dont.

... an excellent post zy.

it makes so much sence.

those who are change'ophobic ((i like that term, but im sure theres a real phobia name for it)) would seek refuge in something they see as being stable, constant and non changing.

on an evolutionary sence i can somewhat understand where this comes from... as it seems to be an instinctive fear, born out of no reasoning at all. change in the past would have often heralded going into the unknown to face great dangers and trials. -example- moving the tribe on when there's no food left. or . dealing with environmental change.

and for another 'old expression'...

we're a frog in water... we just dont realise we're being boiled... and its nearly at boiling point.

**if u dont understand wtf i mean by the frog in water... please ask**

4. no one asked. i guess everyone gets it and has decided to jump outta the water.

5. i believe relgion plays a big factor on racism for sure. i mean when it realy comes down to it relgions all about being right, havin the right 'god'. and one relgion condems another or people who think diffrently. for thousands of years people have been havin holy wars and been murdering each other for the sole purpose if indifrence, and i say that coming from a religous back round. i didnt hit me till i took my first hit, if u know what i mean. yea and now adays we have to deal with idiots like bush hes gonna get us nuked. the anwser isnt weapons or war.

6. exactly.
    it's the question. the issue. the problem. .... or even could be considered as the effect of the wrong answer.

7. Neither patriotism or racism are the roots of each other. Both racism and patriotism stem from kin-selection, the belief that you have to continue your own gene-pool so you protect your kin. Many times this is stretched to include a whole race of people and whole countries of people. You can tell this from the lingo many people use, in nearly every revolutionary movement you have people refering to each other as "brother" and "sister". Immigrants often refer to their home country as the "motherland".