Patriot Act up for renewal *please sign the petition*

Discussion in 'Politics' started by truth214, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Did you hear that the PATRIOT Act is up for renewal? No? You're not alone: Apparently US intelligence services can still keep a secret.
    Since it was passed almost a decade ago, some of the most noxious portions of the PATRIOT Act have burrowed their way deep into our legal system. A year ago, President Obama signed a bill extending three provisions of the original PATRIOT Act; last week Congressman Mike Rogers (R-Michigan) introduced legislation to extend them again.
    Will you click here, and urge your elected officials to oppose the reauthorization of the PATRIOT Act?
    Together, the extended provisions make a mockery of our civil liberties: They let government officials spy on whomever they want, for any reason, without ever letting them know or giving them a chance to challenge the order in court.

Enough is enough: Will you join us in demanding that Congress finally let these provisions expire?
    Just click here and we'll send a message to your senator, representative, and President Obama.
    Thanks for joining us in the effort to reclaim Americans' civil liberties.
    -- The Demand Progress team
    *SHARE THIS!! please*

2. signed. I think this is the only issue that everybody can actually agree on here.

3. well, that and politics fucking suck!!!

4. I'll raise a joint to toast that. :hello:

5. [​IMG]

6. If you oppose the Patriot Act, you 'aint a Patriot, and can gtfo and go to France.

7. Explain please

8. Right.

Signed. :smoke:

;)

9. pay no attention to the troll behind the curtain...:D

Kylesa has a pretty low opinion of patriots, i think he was chumming the water.

10. Replace the batteries in your sarcasm detectors, people!

11. ".... fucking thing was made in china.....grumble....grumble...how come i can't find any fucking AAA batteries when i need them.....stupid....."

12. Or sarcastic postings could learn to click the appropriate smiley such as; [​IMG] :wave:

13. lol, I could easily see someone like the picture supporting the Patriot act and thinking: "dem rab dab tootin terroist alqeada imma patriot yeeehaaa"

[​IMG]

14. Trooololololol.

15. My state governor is republican, A petition won't sway his vote.

16. dosent hurt to try..especially if u get enuff people from ur state to sign it

17. Show me one thing that an internet petition has ever accomplished and I'll sign it.

Otherwise, I fear it's nothing more than a self-building list of dangerous dissenters for Barak Obama to keep an eye on.

18. I'm pretty sure it got the Medical Bud Prop onto the Ballot here in AZ, and now we have MM after the voting was done in November:hello::hello::smoke:

Oh yeah I signed