Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lack of Appetite Patient with IBS in the underground. Selecting Phenotypes for your Grow.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by FredDooges, Aug 5, 2019.

1. So I want to preface this, I'm not a doctor. I'm a horticulturist. This is just what I do in my grow for my conditions.

Selecting a Phenotype for a patient is very personal. We need to make that decision for ourselves. In my grow I put a Northern lights x Big Bud and an Exodus haze for my first two ladies. I selected strains that I knew my body would like and that I have done well with in the past. You need to know what kind of strains work for you.

To understand what different phenotypes bring to the table, you need to understand terpenes. Terpenes give the plant different aromas and effects. If you know what kind of terpenes you like to consume then you can dial in your phenotype selection.

When selecting a new seed from your favorite seed bank be sure to look at the phenotype's terpenes and see if anything stands out. Are these all flavors you've had before? If not that's fine, just be sure to note that you will have a different experience with that phenotype.

That's not to say that Indica and sativa are nothing to look at anymore, it just explains them in more depth.

Fill your garden with the aromas that work for you best and you will be able to select the best plant for your next grow.

I also want to note, I grow with full organics under a LEC. I find a genetics line that was produced in a similar environment to select a plant that will do the best in my space.

• Agree Agree x 1