Path of Exile OPEN BETA! 1/23

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Deriv, Jan 13, 2013.

1. I really like how this game has a barter system. I need to pair up though and learn more about the gameplay

2. #102 Bubbles42O, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    Path of Exile Currency Exchange Rates

i recommend reading the forums to, it reallllllly reallllllly helps

3. #103 HaoleToke719, Jan 27, 2013
    Ummmmm we're all kinda new also dude lol. For now I am just keeping all yellow gear in my stash/bank if I need it for other characters. And disregarding all white drops unless I actually need it. I try to keep a few purples to end up selling at the store when I get back to town. I don't even know I'm just playing by ear haha.

The one thing I would like to learn about is the barter system as this game has no currency, only items and stones you can trade. I don't even know the going rate or anything yet lol.

One thing that I exceptionally like is that there are soooooo many options in the passive tree to choose from that its even overwhelming just looking at it at times. The exact same class standing next to you has a completely opposite build. I like when games allow you to be unique to your own playstyle.

I guess i don't understand this lol. If you do, care to explain? :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using GC Forum App

4. #104 4Sheezy, Jan 27, 2013
    Thanks Bubbles, much appreciated for that. I read the FAQ on the forums before I started, but I'll head back over there again and try to pick up some more tips. Level 12 ranger, might be back on again later tonight.

5. there some people that played closed beta (i did) but do you understand ratios? because all those are crafting items which is the currency

so say you get a chaos its worth 20 chromatics or 16 orbs of alter ration and so on and so on.

and items you have to bargain for so the price is pretty random but you pay with these currencys since there isnt gold

6. Ahhh I get that about the orbs and stones and such, but what if i wwant to trade armor for orbs or vice versa?

7. well i cant add benneb cause i need character name cause im an idiot

thats all that is.

and as far as learning the game just keep playin and party up with randoms.

Bubbles made it very clear to me that Life and Armor nodes are important.

Level 40 Club

[​IMG]

8. like i said you gotta bargain, theres not really set prices on gear besides certain stuff.

9. I'm hopping on now if anyone wants to play. Level 12 ranger. Account name Benneb, character name Benneb. I'm very original, I know.

10. [quote name='"4Sheezy"']I'm hopping on now if anyone wants to play. Level 12 ranger. Account name Benneb, character name Benneb. I'm very original, I know.[/quote]

I'll add you later when I get on

11. That's funny, I was coming here to post and didn't know you replied. Awesome man. Level 18 ranger, just got to act 2 and found my first unique, pair of gloves that doubled my damage.

12. Will be on 30 and will add you then

13. [quote name='"4Sheezy"']

That's funny, I was coming here to post and didn't know you replied. Awesome man. Level 18 ranger, just got to act 2 and found my first unique, pair of gloves that doubled my damage.[/quote]

Sickk and even though your only on normal I recommend being careful around the chaos mobs for future references because in cruel and merciful there's xp penalties on death.

14. [quote name='"Bubbles42O"']

Sickk and even though your only on normal I recommend being careful around the chaos mobs for future references because in cruel and merciful there's xp penalties on death.[/quote]

Bro you on? Ima bout to get on. We gonna hit 60 today

15. mannnnn I have not been playing nearly as much as I want to, my highest is only a 29...

And now I started a new one, level 6 level.. I catch up..

I've been trying to log on a lot of times having to wait in line....There servers keep on crashing -.-

16. anyone down to play tonight? level 17 duelist

17. A couple of us around level 14 +/- will be questing together all night if you would like to join us. Do you have ventrilo?

18. #119 tflga, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    GAW I'm still level like, 6!!! :( Ranger is cool, just need some coaching and tips

i need to pickup my new mic too. i havent had one for months

19. whats one of your character names?