Pat Robertson supports legalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Rezo, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Yea you didn't read it wrong I got this from Cheech and Chong's facebook fanpage. If you know anything about CBN or Pat Robertson you're first reaction is "I don't remember taking any hallucinogens" or just "what the fuck..." Not that this is a bad thing just really surprising!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQi7A5MW2kQ]YouTube - Pat Robertson Wants To Legalize Pot[/ame]

2. I love when respected (depending who you are) people are pro legalization. If we had more intelligent people speaking up change could occur faster.

3. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes :eek: :hello:

If a stauch, conservative Christian can feel that way, perhaps there's hope after all.

4. That is amazing! It's almost frightening when I stopped to think about it. I thought, for a moment, that it was actually the end of the world. I was waiting for some great explosion after Pat Robertson flat out said that locking up people for marijuana is wrong. What a tremendous relief that no such tragedy occurred. But this is exactly how some people feel about cannabis. People who are completely blinded by propaganda are terrified when they hear things like this. They really do fear something horrible will happen if we legalize cannabis.

Bravo to Pat Robertson for basically asking his followers to suspend their belief to face their fear, and just legalize it already. :hello:

5. Praise Jesus!

6. This man speaks great truth!

7. If this isn't shocking enough I got this from Cheech and Chong's Fanpage and NORML,the MPP, and SSDP haven't sent me anything on it yet. This could go one of two ways: Either Pat Robertson stands to lose a large following or the decriminalization/legalization movements stands to gain a lot of support. The Eveangelicals and Fundamentalists are a massive demographics composed of millions of people. However, I would have very mixed emotions about this as I have a lot of issues with that demographic. I don't want their politics to get mixed in with this movement I just want them to support us for the right reasons.

8. This is so HUGE it is all we needed to give the tightassed pols. a scapegoat so they can say it must be time since Pat Robertson said it first. Not to mention all the old voting christian folks that would follow his lead anywhere.... like Homer Simpson would say WOO HOO!!!!!!:smoke:

9. Guys, this really is huge. We need more Republicans coming out in favor of legalization and they may do it since Pat has come out in favor.

10. Every thing is changing before our eyes

11. And of course this thread sits in the most disused of sections. If General was like it used to be I'd still post here. Ever.

Only because I wanted to post this video here did I come back lol.

12. Well I'm in shock. :eek: I never thought in a million years he would say that. :hello:

13. OR

hes just pandering to young voters

14. I didn't exactly hear him say anything about legalization. I think he's angling toward getting the church involved in helping the young people through his ministry. In other words, he wants his share of the prison money.

15. wow. this is good to hear. we actually have someone like pat robertson, who i cant stand, saying something intelligent for a change.

16. Trust me there is more of us than you think, When I run for congressional election this next decade that will be a major part of my platform.

If not legalization, decrminalization. We need to fight the real crimes here.

17. Holy shit :eek: I'm in awe.

18. Pastor Robertson is a leader in the international Christian community. The church has to accept medical marijuana because a lot of us are Crhistians for cannabis. There is no way that my marijuana use makes me less of a faithful believer, you can´t use marijuana to seperate me from Jesus.

The church is recognizing it because the fellowship, the body of the church itself, approves of it. As a leader he has to take the position of the community he represents.

There is nothing shocking about this, Jesus himself is illuminating minds for change.

19. Bravo. This man really went out on a limb and you could tell. He seemed a little shaky about saying the word "marijuana".

It seems that just saying that word is criminal. It is so forbidden.