Passports

Discussion in 'General' started by Smokentoke420, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Aye GC good morning from Fresno, Cali!!! Hahaha, it's raining outside, it's beautiful. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has recently bought their passports, because this summer me and my beezie want to go to canada this summer to go sight seeing, and camping, and just to get away from the United States for a couple weeks.

About how much should I be expecting to spend on this passport, and does it cost money at the border to get in?

Anyways, I'm gon na go play COD4 on the PS3 (if you wanna play, add me. Hyphyperk) and then I'm gooin to my beezies to smoke a blunt widd 'er, and then it's off to work, back home to shower, and then back to my beezies to stay the night there. I'll check up on this thread later today, so I can tell her how much we're finna need to save.

Peace, Love, and Positive Vibes..... and Thizz. You can't forget the Thizz!

2. i was in line at the post office yesterday when someone asked about passports. i dunno if its the same cost for everywhere but i think the lady said it was 75-80 bucks for the passport. i dunno about if you have to pay money at the border tho.

3. Oh really??? Thats WAAAY cheaper than I thought it'd be. Shit I can buy both of our passports for elss than I thought I'd have to pay for just mine! Anyone know how long before the trip I'd need to apply for my passport? I doubt you just go in, buy one, and your done, right? I'm sure something gets mailed away or two you that takes time, right? HAha, I've never left the country, and me and my beezie are goin to make a roadtrip to canada, similar to the Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas roadtrip. minus meth though, noooo meth for us. But thizz, LOTS of thizz. haha

4. I'm not sure how much the post office charges for the photo, but you can get the photo itself at any travel agent for 10 bux, & I know the passport will run you around 90/100. I have both, official & tourist, I had to expidite the official one at a cost of 200 bux, & had to recieve it at the Senators office. You cant expidite a tourist passport, & what I'm hearing now is that some folks have waited as long as 2 months, but I'm in a high Military area & there's people going over to Irag & Afghanistan like every day, so I'm not sure what the waiting time would be in your area, its best not to put it off much longer.

5. Thanks, I have a couple questions. One, what is expidite? and two, what's the difference between an official and tourist passport? I appriciate the helP!

6. expedite

Main Entry:
    ex·pe·dite Listen to the pronunciation of expedite
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈek-spə-ˌdīt\
    Function:
    transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s):
    ex·pe·dit·ed; ex·pe·dit·ing
    Etymology:
    Latin expeditus, past participle of expedire
    Date:
    15th century

1 : to execute promptly 2 : to accelerate the process or progress of : speed up 3 : issue, dispatch

7. haha thanks *****

8. It takes a while to get it made, Unfortunately I didn't have 2+ months so I had to expedite it for 215$

9. you could go into a post office now and get the paperwork, then take it home and fill it out.
    While you're at the PO ask if they take photos

Have a great trip man!! :D

10. pretty much the only expensive prices i ever had for a passport renwall etc was if it was being expedited. i dont think you have to pay anything at the border, but youll have to pay for the passport, no more than 80 i think, just because i think all the new ones have RFID chips in em, and they are tryin to tax on them. stupid govt.

but yea, as long as you dont need it uber fast, youll be fine, and it wont cost too much either. where in canada you goin? last time i was there i went to mt tremblent in quebec and had a baller ass time, and returned the next year. theyve got some badass reorts around tremblant and the one i stayed at had its own little lakes an shit, and you could just rent out kayaks and pedal boats and shit. if i was there now, as opposed to maybe 8 years ago when i went lol, id be sparking up a doob and paddeling out as far as i coould, and just chillin on some random little island in the lake.

man, i jsut had an awesome mental picture of that lake, i gotta go back!! beavear tails FTMFW!!

11. Yeah, like people have said, mine was about 80 bucks and it takes 6-8 weeks to receive it. You don't pay anything when you go to Canada, they might search your car or whatever but that's about it. Have fun on your trip man, travelling is a blast! :D

12. I got mine expidited and revieved it in 2 weeks. Cost like 170$ or 180.

13. yea, the expediting service is good if your in a rush, but definately not a must. the one time i did it, it was cause i was supposed to go to the UK earlier than i had planned so some chick could come with me, but that ended up fallin through, an i wasted the cash getting the passport early. but yea, doesnt sound like your even in need of the service, so im sure u already got that covered. save the extra cash and buy all your shit when u get into canada. im sure between members here and a few locals, youll find what you need up in the land of the free. id just be super careful with birnging shit over the boarder. for us kids, its hard to get past the fact that we are still kids to the border guards, and id suspect that if there were no parents and just two kids in a car, your gonna get a damn thorough searching.

14. Sounds like a most excellent time man.

I take it your gunna go up the west coast, and take it from there?

If so, i have a suggestion for you. There is a MASSIVE music festival called SHAMBALAH thats held every year at the beginning of august just north of nelson, BC. (Which, by the way, is pretty much the stoner capital of the world.)

Its something like a four day festival, with more drugs than skid row. (just better stuff, no meth, etc :D) Im going to experience for the first time this summer, and if you have the funds, i think you should too.

15. ive heaard too that shamblah is awesometown.

16. Awesome, thanks for the suggestion.

All suggestions are welcome for places to visit, specifically BEAUTIFUL scenery and marijuana-friendly areas. Me an my beezie are big time stoners haha :D

17. I asked about a passport a month ago and they said it could take up to 6 months to get it. I'm planning the same vacation as you and your bud. Headed to canada for a week or more and about to go get a passport soon. Toronto though :p