Passive Intake VS. Inline Fan (Grow Tent) wat do u think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Footclan, Dec 25, 2009.

1. #1 Footclan, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
    Im planning on using 4x4 tent with 1000w aircooled HID.........Ive heard that i dont need intake fan just run passive intake through hole towards bottom, but i also heard passive ok but fan better. For me I like the idea of less noise and less cost thats for sure so passive sounds ideal but i diffenelty want tent to be in the high 70's rather than 80's.
    Also Y is negative room pressure better than positive?(keeps room cooler?)

What does everyone else think on the subject??

2. You only need an intake fan if your exhaust fan does not have enough power to create good cooling air flow through your space and your hood. What exhaust fan to you have in mind? Negative air pressure (a slight vacuum) in your space keeps the odor inside your tent which is a good thing.

3. He's saying his light is air-cooled, so we are only talking about ventilation for plant respiration and possibly a little residual heat removal.

If you already own all the fans then go ahead and use them, including passive intake. But if you are wondering if you should buy an intake booster, I would say to wait and test your system to see if you need it.

Unfortunately, no one can tell you from here if you will need that intake booster or not, only by testing your actual system in your actual environment can you figure that out. It all depends on how strong your exhaust fan is, as matched to your space. But since you are air-cooling your light my bet is that you would be OK with just passive intake.