Passing Through Denver - What to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeletedMember4723, Mar 14, 2014.

1. #1 DeletedMember4723, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    deleted

2. #2 dankness420, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Buy some bud and head up to the mountains.  Nothing like a nice stoned nature walk, plus its free.  I was going to suggest cosmic bowling( :laughing: ) but I am sure you could do that in every state.

Edit: never been to Denver personally but I know they are known for their mountains.  Definitely not something you will find everywhere.

3. Yeah, fuck Denver. Grab your supplies there and head into the mountains down a truck trail and just camp out. The stars are incredible up there and it beats being in that stinky city.

4. I second the above sentiments. Get yer weed and head for the hills.

I suggest Guanella Pass; it's maybe 40 min out of Denver, not too far. You take the exit off 70 at Georgetown, a funky old mining town with a couple of decent places to eat. Then you cut mad switchbacks up the face of the mountain to get up above to Guanella pass. Don't try it if you don't have a decent ride. There are gorgeous free campgrounds all along the roadway, situated by beautiful trout streams and grassy meadows. Farther up is Mt Bierstadt, the shortest and easiest 14er hike in Colorado; only takes a few hours to go the 3 miles.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Guanella+Pass+Rd/@39.6921358,-105.6980568,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x876babf346542827:0x46f14bc91b7eaa6d

But you specified wanting some lounging and wifi and food, maybe a bit of culture....
    Another option is Boulder. Park in the Boulder library parking lot by the creek (you will want to explore the creek later, maybe go tubing, which is cheap and fun -- hint: buy a tube from an auto garage for 5$ before you hit Boulder, where any tube costs 20$ and up). Walk to the Village Green Society on 16th off Pearl and buy some recreational pot. Wander downtown, walk the mall, walk the creek path. Lots of coffee shops, bars, and restaurants to spend money at... the town is a gem; explore, enjoy.

If you are going to sleep in your ride, you may get hassled if you do it in the library lot; move a few blocks up into the Hill, where all the college kids live; no one will bother you there.