Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passing out on weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by peyote4me22, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Alright. so a few days ago, i got a nice bag from my friend. i came home and smoked only a bowl. Problem. I felt like i was going to die. I have been smoking for about a year, and this only happened a few times. I would nod off, and be suddenly awoken by a burning sensation in my lungs. I realized i was not breathing. i had to breathe manually (thinking about breathing, instead of your autonomous.nervous system doing that). it was awful.

Does anyone know why this happens?
    How can i stop this from happening?

ALSO, my doctor prescribed some cough syrup for my flu, which has codeine in it. i take 2 teaspoons every 8 hours as needed, and only feel a little bit of a loopy feeling. it does not make me sleepy. Can i still smoke whilst taking the cough syrup, or is that ill advised?

2. this has nothing to do with what your asking.. but i have this thing when i sleep at night sometimes too. i will wake up in the middle of the night as if my heart stops beating then takes a couple big THUMPs that wakes me up. cough a few times and it goes back to normal. i was all ready to go to the emergency room until i found out its hereditary and my mother has the same issue.

3. yeah, thats pretty much what i have. im not sure why tho

4. buddy of mine also needed to take the heavy duty kind of coughsyrup and a few puffs and he was wiped out for the entire night

5. hmm... what kind of wiped out? like a good kind of comatose chillin on the couch watching the lord of the rings trilogy? or the kind where your almost dead?

6. I'll take the cough syrup you have....

--

Ya I've woken up before and my heart is SLAMMING in my chest. I've read some articles about how some of us actually stop breathing in our sleep long enough to put a strain on our hearts.

7. haaahaha well i kinda need my cough syrup?

but can i like die of i do both?

and yeah, can i die in my sleep for no apparent reason?

8. Well you can do too much codeine, but not MJ... To be honest I enjoy codeine without MJ if you do enough. I personally wouldn't mix both. I'd say give your lungs a rest, get well and then smoke up once your feeling better.

9. the problem with that is, i am deff not ODing on codeine, i barely feel buzzed. if i smoke it will intensify it tho right?

10. Hahaha you never sip on da lean?! Get yourself some jolly rancher flavors, a nice grape swisha, 2 grams of herb, and enjoy yourself. :smoking:

11. "dip on da lean"? divulge

12. dehydration? That's always a possibility.

13. hmm interesting idea... i know i dont drink as much as i should.....hmmmm....i think your right

14. Automatic lungs are a thing of the past, gentlemen, manual lungs are where it's at.

15. You might have sleep apnea. It won't kill you, but you should look into why it is happening. Do you find yourself drowsy during the day, or waking up feeling tired?

16. probably a combination of your flu, codeine( which is a depressant) and weed which isn't the best thing to smoke when you have a cough/cold.

17. Did he give you promethazine/Cod?
    If so; and you're also smokeing dank, then that's the cause.

18. I've only had a hard time breathing once while high
    I was very high and very paranoid so I probably didn't even have a problem...

19. I am ALLERGIC to codeine. It makes me stop breathing automatically in my sleep and I have to breathe manually. I know what you are going through. It is not good. Try going off the weed and see if it is making it amplified, but you may go through it again, personally I wouldn't bother. I would go back to the doctor and request a different cough medicine so you can resume smoking weed.

God's Blessings,

Sammy