Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passing A Hair Follicle Test - Questions

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by THCMikey, Jul 30, 2016.

1. #1 THCMikey, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    The information provided / methods being performed below may be overkill. I apologize and sincerely appreciate any feedback. Also, I apologize in advance that this isn't all marijuana related. I'm hoping some of you have some knowledge on it though:

My System
    I smoked marijuana daily for about 2-4 months. I was a daily smoker. Maybe 4 bowls a day at most. The last time I smoked was May 17 (74 days ago as of this post). I had smoked plenty in the past, but not within a relevant time frame for this test. Also, a couple of weeks ago I took six 5/325 hydrocodone (total of 30mg) in one night. These were prescribed to me in December of 2015 after having my wisdom teeth extracted. I doubt this is relevant, but I also take 20mg of fluoxetine (Prozac) daily for anxiety, these are also prescribed.

About Me
    I am a 21 year old male. I'm 6'3 and currently weigh 185 pounds. Not sure this is relevant to a hair test, but I have lost 1-2 pounds a week since before I quit smoking. I'd like to think my hair grows pretty quickly, maybe slightly faster than normal? It is currently about 2" tall from the scalp with the sides / back shaved basically to skin. It was recently cut down from a disconnected undercut (shaved sides / back, long on top) that was about 6" - 8" long. I am willing to cut this down to 1.5" on test day, but worry this may cause issues. I am also willing / considering shaving my body hair to avoid them pulling from anywhere else. Frankly, I don't have a whole lot of body hair that I don't intentionally shave anyway. What hair is there (leg hair, arm hair) isn't very long.

My Test
    I have a hair follicle test for pre-employment that must be taken between now and August 11. To avoid suspicion and hopefully get an answer before my work start date (August 15) I am hoping to test on Monday, August 8 instead. This would allow me 9 more days on top of the 2 I have under my belt. I’m concerned that I’ll test positive for either marijuana or opiates. The test being performed reads below:

eScreen (an Alere company)
    Regulation: NON-DOT
    Reason: Pre-employment

Services to be performed:
    Hair – H5P – 5 Panel Standard Hair(H5P)

I’ve found very little information regarding the hair follicle test by eScreen. Their urine test (so I’m told) is simply a cup you pee into with a test strip, much like an at-home test. From what I have read (and this very well may be incorrect) the hair follicle test is run “instantly” in the clinic, not sent off to a lab. Would this potentially increase or decrease my chance of passing? I saw in a video that eScreen “partners” with Psychemedics and Omega for training purposes, not sure if that’s relevant.

My Methods
    I am currently performing a cocktail of the Macujo and Jerry G Methods:

Daily:
    Step 1 – Vinegar / 30 minutes
    Step 2 – Add Clean & Clear / 30 minutes
    Step 3 – Rinse.
    Step 4 – Tide / 30 minutes
    Step 5 – Rinse.
    Step 6 – Baking Soda Paste / 30 minutes
    Step 7 – Rinse / Wash with T/Sal

I have also bleached and dyed my hair once and I plan to do it an additional 2-3 times before test day (once on test day).. I have also purchased Ultimate Gold Biowash from my local head shop, as well as two packs of Zydot Ultra Clear. The Ultra Clear will arrive on Tuesday. I plan on using one during a Macujo cleanse and another on test day. I’ve also considered getting the Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo (original formula) or Toxin Wash, but I’d hate to purchase these if the opiates are going to be enough to fail me.

My Questions
    Assuming I do everything mentioned above, is it at all likely I’ll pass?

Is hydrocodone typically tested for on a NON-DOT standard 5 panel hair test? I’ve gotten conflicting answers on this. Some say only an "expanded" test that is not typically used for pre-employment will discover hydrocodone. Others say any test will pick it up.

Are opiates cleansed using the Macujo / Jerry G methods?

If I did test positive for opiates (and not marijuana) would a prescription from December be sufficient to pass me through?

From what I understand a hair follicle tests CAN detect frequency / amount / time of use. But without reason WOULD they? I’m concerned if the prescription was a valid reason that the amount taken in one sitting will disqualify me.

---

Once again, I would appreciate any (hopefully factual) information or advice on this. It’s causing me quite a bit of anxiety. I’ve gotten close to just pulling a hail merry (bleach, dye, shampoo) and going in to test just to put an end to the waiting. I've found a lot of information from people in my situation posting in forums. Hopefully this will also become a future reference for others. Thank you!

---

Edit: So after some more research it looks like any DOT or NON-DOT "Standard" hair follicle tests does not test for hydrocodone, unless an optional "expanded opiates" test is chosen? I assume the "Standard" in "5 Panel Standard Hair(H5P)" means without these expanded opiates?

...At which point it would say "5 Panel Expanded Hair" or "10 Panel Standard Hair" or something?

2. How did it go

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum