Passed UA with Quick Fix 6.2

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by thesubhuman, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I wanted to add my experience to these forums because they were extremely helpful (as well as anxiety inducing), earlier this month when I had to take my pre-employment drug screen. I'm a very cautious person though and wanted to wait before publicly posting anything. I am a "heavy" user of e-liquid concentrates (and some edibles) legally in the state of California for years now. By heavy I mean that I medicate several times a day, typically every day. However, I also maintain a very professional, and high paying job.

Although I wasn't looking for a new gig, I was contacted by a recruiter for an amazing position that I couldn't pass up. At first I wasn't expecting to need to pass a THC UA since I live in a state where smoking marijuana is legal, and I would piss clean for any other substance. But the company I was applying to doesn't care about that, they want a "drug-free workplace". After they mentioned the word drug test I immediately (and reluctantly) stopped vaping/smoking/eating weed. I was able to push out the process due to the company expressing their interest in hiring me, and by telling them I needed 2-4 weeks to wrap up my work at my current job. Over the next three weeks or so I bought 5-10 at home drug tests (ReliOn from Walmart) and pissed dirty every fucking time.

It was at this point that I started doing some hard-core research on everything out there. From my research I narrowed it down to using QuickFix 6.2 synthetic or a dehydrated powder urine. I can't remember which dehydrated I was leaning toward but can find it again if anyone is curious. I will mention that the day before going in to take the actual test I was seriously doubting my decision and wondering if I should've gone with the dehydrated option. Anyway, I bought two of the 3oz bottles from the QuickFix website and I paid something like $110 with second day shipping. I bought one for actual use at the lab, and the second just to verify that it would work using one of my at home tests. It passed the ReliOn test just fine which gave me more confidence, although I was still worried about the PH balance, specific gravity, nitrates, and all the other bullshit they test for. Damn, some of these weirdos actually smell the piss. Could you imagine what kind of sicko you are if you smell piss for a living? And they think we're the losers for toking?...

Anyway, the day of the test I was naturally nervous as fuck, but I can compose myself well under pressure. I started getting ready about an hour and a half before the time I anticipated showing up at the lab. I threw the QF in the microwave for the suggested 10 seconds, at the same time I activated the hand warmer (this was a mistake, i should've started the hand warmer 30 min before). I attached the hand warmer to the bottle using the rubber band and checked it twenty minutes later to discover that the temperature strip on the bottle was not registering (oh shit). I sacrificed my home digital cooking thermometer to determine if the strip wasn't working, or if the fake piss was either too hot or too cold. Turned out that it was too cold. I will mention that I'm sure if I left the hand warmer on it for an hour or two it probably would've gotten up to the proper 90-100 degrees, but I decided to throw it back in the microwave for a second round at 11 seconds. I then put the hand warmer back on it and left it again for twenty minutes and this time it was registering right around 94 degrees (right on). When taking the temperature give it a shake so that the liquid is a consistent temperature all the way through.

When getting ready to leave I decided that I wanted the temperature to be warmer because I knew I might have to wait for a bit before taking my actual test. Since I ordered two of the QF I used the second hand warmer to create more heat. This raised the temp to about 96-98 by time I reached the lab area. I pulled over down the street in a discrete location so I could test with my thermometer and strategically place it under my testicles. I wear boxer briefs which fit kinda snug normally, so what I did is wore two pair for extra compression and just shoved the bottle under my sack with the cap facing forward/up so when I sat down it wouldn't leak. I also chose to leave one of the warmers attached to ensure the temperature stayed good, although I don't know if I needed it because it was around 100 by time I used it (probably from the additional body heat). The hand warmer also was warm against my body which gave the sensation like it was leaking, but just make sure you have it tight and it won't leak.

I'm not going to put too much detail about my actual interactions with the lab employees, but my advice would be to make direct eye contact and engage in conversation (don't over-do the talking). Also dress nice, look like you would if you were going to a job interview (because you basically are). Don't try to rush them to let you in the bathroom, they're used to seeing idiots all day long so don't give them a reason to doubt you. My test was non supervised and I have no advice for those of you that are supervised, that's a whole other animal. You'll be asked to empty your pockets into a bin where you may have to lean over to do so, wash your hands and grab an empty cup. They'll give you up to four minutes to do your business and return the cup. I definitely didn't take my time during the four minutes. I honestly should've hung out for a minute and let my sample cool down because it got up to 100 degrees. By time I gave it to the employee I think it was 98-99 and while walking out I had wished that I had let it cool down to 96-97 but even at 100 it would be in the acceptable range. I'm just saying to take your time to ensure the temperature is good because it's so extremely important, if it's not in the range it's an immediate failure. I will say that if the employee checks the "is the sample the appropriate temperature" box then you're half way there.

The last thing I wanted to mention was the actual emptying into the cup. I chose to use the flip top just in case I couldn't pull the whole bottle out to pour. I think it's fine to be prepared for that, but if you don't need to squirt it out I would say don't. Pull the whole damn bottle out and give it a good (quiet) shake to generate some bubbles and get the temperature consistent. Then open the lid and just pour it in. Sure squirting it in will give you more bubbles, but then you have to deal with the suction as the bottle needs to refill with air. I was concerned that the employee was listening at the door and didn't want to risk them hearing the gurgle from the bottle as I let the air back in so I got the bare minimum in the cup (just above the temp strip). Then I closed the flip top lid while upside down and didn't let any more air back in the bottle. I should've just opened the lid and poured it in, but oh well. Like I said earlier I bought the 3oz bottle, but only needed probably 2oz for their test.

I did my test going into a weekend so I had to wait until the following Wednesday to get my results and I will definitely agree with other's account that it sucks waiting. You will probably not eat or sleep normally and most likely be a little more on edge. You will also read every forum post here and on Reddit and anywhere else you can find. There's nothing I can really suggest there, just stick to the plan and don't start calling or emailing to ask about your results (that would be stupid). At the end I was honestly just wanting to know if I had passed even if it was a No just so I could be done with the waiting. I have a friend who could've pissed clean for me and I should've just asked him even though it's embarrassing, it would've saved me the stress (getting too old for this shit).

But I will say that QuickFix 6.2 worked for me with a recent batch in December of 2018 and I'm super thankful for the product (don't forget to be thankful).

This might not matter to you, but I also want to mention that I didn't smoke right after even though I wanted to. I read from several people that their synthetic urine tested as "non-human" and had to go back for a retest. I wanted to make sure I got word that I had passed before smoking anything. This way if I had to retest it would give me another week or so to try to get clean and possibly use my own urine.

Advice
    1. Pay more at an official website and get the latest batch, I saw quite a few posts from people that bought a local shop or Amazon that failed their tests.
    2. Check your batch number using the online validator
    3. Dress nice, make eye contact during conversation
    4. Try to relax
    5. Don't smoke right after, you might have to retest (based on other's experiences)

TLDR: I bought QuickFix 6.2 from a reputable source, followed the included directions and passed a pre-employment drug screen.

3. Thanks for posting. Have one looming in the near future and failed to quit smoking:hookah:

4. Looking for reassurance on how QF 6.2 will stack up against non-DOT pre-employment SAP 10-50/2000 w/NIT ...

Subbed easily / temp good but scared about the “w/NIT” part and not passing the specimen validity testing.

5. The "w/NIT" means that the test will check nitrates (but I think most of them do this check anyway). When I decided to go with QF 6.2 two of the reasons were because the nitrates test good, and it includes urea (both are super important).

I think you're good to go if you had the temperature in range and made the delivery successfully! :thumbsup:

Good luck though, and report back with your results.

6. If the "near future" is far enough out I'd recommend going clean and using your own piss, it would be so much less stressful. That was my plan. The QuickFix was just for back up, luckily I had it though!

7. I PASSED FOR SURE/HALLELUJAH/PRAISE JESUS/THANK YOU QUICK FIX 6.2
    Thanks for the input. I knew about the nitrite check but read others stating they failed because of it. There was no dipstick test done at Quest and it was just sealed up and sent off to the lab. My results were posted within just about 24 hours.
    First time I've ever tried this. Was hugely skeptical but was thankfully proven wrong.