Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. Aww man that sucks. Today my dad told me that i was going to be tested. In my head i was like "hmm no problem, already passed the piss test once." Then he's all "but yea, i dont like piss tests, to easy to fool. So im gonna get a hair test done. Not that i dont trust you or anything. But You know...."

My dad used to be in law enforcement and is all anti-drugs. So it sucks really bad. But hearing that info about the armpits or pubes really sucks ass because i always keep a really low haircut. Im black so when i say low.......i mean loooooow.

What do you guys think about trying the Mac method on those areas??

Also my dad is a sneaky one and could be just messing with my mind.

2. Me, too.

And I'm a dude! I miss you JR =(

3. do you guys think i will be safe if i actually havn't smoked in a loong time. Buy that i mean at least a year. The only thing about it is that i have been AROUND it. I dont know if it can somehow stick to your hair or what. Although i have had the occasional firecracker or brownie.

4. I would certainly do the Mac method on the other areas of your body that have hair just to be safe. Hopefully you're ol man is just fuckin with ya, but in the event that he isn't, don't take any chances. Good luck to ya!! If you get tested from one of those areas please let us know how you did.

5. Good question. Being Around pot smoke will not cause a test failure in most cases. Now If you are sitting in a mini bus that has zero visability (due to the overwhelming cloud of pot smoke) in it however that might be detectable but again... pretty slim chance. Being around it can not make pot somehow stick to your hair.

6. I'm going to do this this method as well. From what I've read, it works pretty well.

Male 20 years old
    6' 155lbs. Athletic, smoke almost every day. Hair is about 3-4" long, and have 1-3 days for test.

Did the same methods outlined, found it all at Walmart. Was $20.09 total.
    -Apple Cider vinegar for 30 minutes with cap.
    -Clean & Clear Pink 2%Salicylic Acid 20 minutes with cap. Kinda burned, going to try a bit more next time.
    -Rinse completely out, then Tide Original liquid for 5 minutes.
    -Rinse completely out, hair felt pretty straw-like, then T/Sals 3% Salicylic Acid by Neutrogena twice for 5 minutes each. Was in a red and black box.
    -Rinse completely out, then used my normal shampoo.

My hair is REALLY thin right now, and my scalp feels raw... I take it as a good sign.

I'll keep you guys updated!

7. Wow, way to troop through it.

8. Well, woke up today and did the whole process again. Went to the interview, they took a sample on the spot roughly an hour after I cleaned. They said they'd let me know by Tuesday!

9. Sorry, I didn't get to read all of your post, but how did they legally get you to give a hair sample? In my state it is so fucking illegal to do that.

10. fayt, did you end up passing your test
    and did you just use those ingredients in that list?
    you didnt have to buy any special shampoo thats like 80 dollars right?

11. heres another question for anyone

i have to get an internship for an engineering company this summer
    but i dont know when theyd test me
    would it be closer to when i start the job
    or closer to when i interview

and if im getting the internship for the summer
    and its pretty much February now so when should i stop smoking to be sure id pass
    i obviously would prefer to keep smoking as long as i could
    getting an internship is really important
    so id rather take the really safe route

12. Regarding your first question: I'd have no way of knowing that. Different companies have different policies.

Regarding your second question: Hair tests go back 6 months. I think if you stopped smoking now you'd be fine by summer.

13. I have been literally dying inside for the past two weeks now! I found out I have to take a hair follicle test for a custody issue. Fucking bastard ex. Anyhow, I smoked often the past 6 months, almost daily, but only like a bowl at night to go to sleep. Last time I smoked was 2 weeks ago when I caught wind of the test. I read about the macujo method here, and its all I could think of to try. I heard the shampoos dont work, but bought some Biowash from a local shop anyway. This is what I did so far:

1. soaked hair in Apple cidar vinegar for 30 mins.
    2. added clean and clear 2% astringent, soaked for 30 minutes
    3. rinsed out vinegar and clean and clear
    4. scrubbed head with Tide liquid detergent- let soak for 30 minutes.
    5. rinsed soap out
    6. washed hair with T-sal 3% shampoo
    7. Washed hair with bio clean shampoo, then the cleansing rinse.

I did this process yesterday night, and again tonight. My hair is dried to a freaking crisp, cause I just permed my hair like 3 weeks ago, and had dyed it like 3 weeks before that. I have no idea how long I have to take this damn test. My lawyer is trying to buy more time. How many times should I do this process? My hair is like chin length- this is some serious shit, I could lose custody of my kids. All over some fucking pot at night to help me sleep. BUHHHHJESSUS! I have been so depressed and scared I am physically sick. I am about to go chop off my hair too, just to be extra safe. Can I really pass this test ??????

14. Yes you can really pass this test. Chopping the hair might not be a bad idea. My heart really goes out to you on this and I know how you feel. My situation was similar but with Child Protective Services. When they start nipping at your children it's heart breaking. Sounds like you're doing the right things here. You'll be in our prayers!!

15. Is smoking like a few hits a night enough to end up in your hair ? I mean, am I considered a heavy user or a moderate or a light smoker? it was frequent, but it was always dirt weed and no more than a bowl a day. actually, for like 3 weeks before i found out about the test, i didnt even have any, i was trying to smoke resin from my bowl, but wasnt even enough to really get a buzz. then i smoked like one bowl after that, and found out about the test. i had to give away an entire 1/4 i just got cause i didnt want it around messing with my willpower lol. god this really sucks ass. any other suggestions would help. how many more times should i wash my hair? this isnt court ordered, its voluntary, so i'll get the results first before any one else, but im just so scared to go and know i failed

16. Invasion of the body snatchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What the fuck?!
    Who do these fucks think they are???????
    I will never submit to any such crap. No one should. All these tox screens are wrong on so many levels, yet we submit to them.
    Fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    What job is so fucking precious?????????????????????????
    Dammit!:mad:

17. Hello everyone. I am a 24 year old female with long hair. I've smoked every day for the last 9 months, a couple bowls a day. I have recently been job searching so I quit about 2 weeks ago. Of course I got a job quicker than I thought I would, and it's a great one. But for some reason I have to take a hair follicle drug test. I am going to follow these directions and I hope that I pass, but I have doubts that I will. Oh well lesson learned I guess. My question is since my hair is so long (and I'm not cutting it) will I be penalized for all the drugs I've done my whole life? Anyways, cross your finger for me...I'll let you know how it turns out.

18. Good Question. My understanding is federal law stipulates that testing centers can only go back 90 days regardless of the length of hair. Now whether or not testing centers adhere to that rule 100% is an unknown.

19. Had a Interview today at GFS for a stock position. Interview was rolling real smooth until she gets to the part "If hired you would have to submit to a hair test at your next interview and if the test come back positive you would be terminated on the spot" I about shit my self but kept a super cool face. I cant beleive a shitty job like this is going to test me. I smoke a shitload everyday and have been for a while now. If I were to stop today and do the technique would I pass Within a week or two? I have semi short hair and would get it cut to about 1.5 - 2.0 inches. Has anyone passed from smoking so much so close to the test date?

20. I'm new here, just registered today.

I've been a daily smoker (with a few breaks in-between) for the past 3 or 4 years. Well, my ex-husband has decided to take me to court for a hair follicle drug test to try and get custody of the kids! This CANNOT happen. He has been completely uninvolved in their lives for the past several years, and is doing this simply to avoid a potential increase in child support. Grrr! I'm MORE than frustrated over this. Toking a little pot does NOT make me a bad parent, as I've always been responsible with it. (But tell it to the court... right?!)

I have at least a few weeks to prepare, but I'm so scared.

I have shoulder-length dishwater blonde hair; it's almost baby-fine... but pretty thick.

I've read that people with lighter/finer hair have a better chance of passing, but the whole daily-toker thing is what has me panicked.

If I use the Maccujo method...
    Do I have a snowball's chance in hell, or am I totally screwed?

I'm freaking out here, so any advice helps. I CANNOT fail!

P.S. >> No other drugs, JUST pot.