Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. #5961 spicysloth95, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Hello fellow humanoids. I took my damn hair test and am concerned the test will come back as inconclusive. The technician only cut from one area of my head, I asked if she took enough, she said she only needed 100 hairs so I didn't push the subject. But I have 1 inch long hair and on Quest Diagnostics website it says more hair is needed if hair is under 1.5 inches.

Has anyone gotten inconclusive for not enough hair taken?

2. Hey, fellow redhead here. I’ve been subjected to several hair tests over the last few years, but haven’t used many drugs, either.

From what I’ve read, Coke and meth are the most likely to show up, and they’ll test positive after ad little as after 3-4 uses, then I think it goes to opioids, but you have to use them like 6-12 times, and I’ve read that 1-2x weekly weed smokers somehow get missed all the time.

I’ve also read that the color of hair plays a large part in the drugs binding to it. Drugs bind to melanin, which is mostly in black and brown hair, and drugs are much less likely to bind to red hair because pheomelanin gives our hair its tint, not melanin. I believe blondes have the last chance of testing positive for drugs in hair, just because there’s no pigment to bind to.

I also read that blank people are more likely to test positive for drugs than Asians, because Asians have less melanin than black people; so it appears even the science behind drug testing is in favor of white/European people over black people.

As for my tests, I read about how the drugs are chemically extracted from the hair, and bought solvents at Home Depot, then made a paste in my hair with baking soda, let that sit for about 1/2-hour, and then rinsed with methanol, and poured MEK Substitute onto my hair and let it sit for as long as possible. From what I remember, that wasn’t as bad as the time I used paint thinner on my scalp … that was very painful!

Anyway, I’ve passed all of my drug tests these past two-three years, but again, have barely used any drugs.

In hindsight, I probably didn’t need to do any preventative washing/rinsing because my use was so low, and my hair is also red and turns blonde in the summer with enough time in the sun.

Anyway, I wish you luck in Vegas! I’m a redheaded man with a thing for redheaded women, and some blondes with freckles who I can tell have the gene for red hair. I have two kids, both redheads.

I read that we’d all be gone in 100 years; even though that isn’t true, I think redheads should try to have redheaded kids! Make an entire race of people! Redheads are the rarest hair color and redheads with blue eyes are the rarest breed; something like 0.76% of people have that hair and eye color combination …

Anyway, rambling now, but waist length red hair sounds amazing! Have redheaded kids, and encourage them to have redheaded grandkids. Keep us alive!

3. D823944F-ADDE-48CE-A7AF-B28347E88B72.jpeg

4. Took a hair follicle Thursday 6/17

background smoked 2 hits out of a pipe 63 days prior (just some old dodie residue)

smoked 3 hits out of a pipe 48 days prior, (fairly decent dodie)

smoked 1 hit of a joint 27 days prior

Puts me around 6 hits in the 90 day period, I’ve passed under worse circumstances before so hoping for the same result this time..

I did nothing being as it was infrequent use, will keep everyone posted

5. #5965 BigPhatBiff, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Hey.

In the last 2 months a friend of mine has used cocaine on maybe 3 occasions in small quantities all at parties- the last time being one week ago- and she has smoked quite a few joints and bongs over a 2 months period with her last joint being smoked two days ago.

She doesn't have a date for the test or may not even have to do one but it's a possibility and she is wanting to be as prepared as possible just in case. If someone has 6-12 weeks until taking one what can they do?

Any advice appreciated? Can you cut hair or start bleaching now for example?

6. HELLO PEOPLE, I JUST WANT TO SAY HAIR RELAXER > BLEACHING. It appears that the efficacy is equal, or in favor of hair relaxers, but hair relaxer don't change your fucking hair tint and all the bullshit. After several bleaches, it was very hard for me to dye my hair back on its own, it kept ending up way to light, dark, or different from the dyes, and doing it on my own causes me to miss some spots despite using muiltiple mirrors and shit. Fuck bleach, just use hair relaxer. If you have time, you can relax, and then bleach later if you want to risk all your hair falling out. Dont bleach and then relax later though, that order of shit will for sure make your hair fall out.

7. Hey guys, I appreciate everyone who has posted here with their test info. Reading this forum has given me a better understanding of the hair test process from varying perspectives and helped to give me some peace of mind. I thought I would post my info here in case someone needs to get hair tested with a similar background to mine (from what I've seen the main factors affecting pass/fail are frequency of usage and number of days clean). For reference this is my 4th hair test ever, one of which was done by LabCorp EXCLUDING THC FROM THE SCREEN. The other 3 were Pyschemedics and were a standard 5 panel screen. I passed all 4 with varying levels of THC usage, but no other drugs.

For the most recent screen I had been using far more THC than before any of the previous tests and was slightly anxious. At the date my hair sample was taken, my hair was 1.5 inches in length and I was 8 weeks clean. Before that I was a light smoker but still smoking maybe 3 or 4 days a week for over a year. Thus I most likely had a half inch of hair with some levels of THC metabolite. I should also note I have fairly light blonde/reddish hair which I understand may affect the levels of metabolite in hair due to lower melanin levels. I may very well have passed without doing anything to my hair, but I decided to bleach it just to be sure. I used about an ounce of white powder bleach with vol 30 developer applied in 2 rounds, as well as a light toner. After this my hair went from blondish red to super blonde. I did not redye my hair after this.

Personally, I am highly skeptical that putting vinegar, tide, or $300 miracle shampoos in your hair could actually sway test results. Light users apparently already have a 50% chance of passing without doing anything at all to their hair, 20% for heavy users. I did however read studies that bleaching and toner products have actual impact on metabolite levels in the hair due to damaging the inner cortex and decided to give it a go. I highly recommend doing your own research to supplement this forum, especially if you can find scientific studies on drug byproducts in hair. Good luck to everyone waiting on results, the waiting is the worst part. Remember, no news is good news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Backgroud: I have a pre-employement HFT coming up in a week or so with Quest. I have taken couple small hits(4-8) out of a 16-17% THC joint in span of two days last month (June 26th-27th, I wasnt high either day) and I was wondering if I need to do any treatment/methods to pass or I would I pass without doing anything?

Frequency: I rarely smoke but I had couple hits last month like I mentioned above and couple hit a year before that but thats all.

Clean days: I will be clean for 30 days when I take the test.

I’m 23 years old male, 5’8”, 147lb and workout 4-5x/week. Hair growth rate is average. Dark brow/black fine hair if any if that even matters.

9. I smoke daily, and have for many years. I had to have a piss test in Phoenix,AZ for an accident I was involved in because of my companies insurance. I stopped smoking 3 days prior to the scheduled test. I'm a type one diabetic since I was ten years old, so what I did was almost take no insulin and drank lots of fluids and was peeing almost non stop, completely flushing my body. Blood sugar was sky hi for a few days, but passed the test. Then started to take my normal insulin injections to get my blood sugar stable again. It worked.

10. Mixed male black hair.

Took half a delta 8 a month ago. Haven't used any thc in years before then.

is it even worth worrying about failing a HFT or doing anything ? Hair cut maybe twice since ... going to let it grow to 1.5+

11. If you are a rare smoker, don't think the THC stays in your body that long. A Heavy daily user like myself, and I had to get creative, but got through it OK. Good Luck, that's all I can say.

12. Haven't smoked in years.. only ate half of a delta 8 gummy last month.

thanks

13. Hi All,

Completely losing my mind here - did one brownie on the 24th may, hadn't touched anything before or since. Currently have a HFT booked for the 8th september but debating pulling the covid card to push it back two weeks.

The back and sides of my hair have been clippered down several times since, so there's no chance its still in them so I'm thinking if i wait another month my back and sides will be long enough and therefore they'll take from there. There's a chance its still on the top as this has only been cut down (and not too far) once in the middle of June.

In the meantime, I've got a private test booked for the 31st so I can get some kind of idea. Any other advice or am i just going too crazy over a one time use

Thanks

14. THC could last up to 30 days in your system, give or take and I believe that is the outside limit. Most don't have it in there system that long depending on your body chemistry. Of course once the THC marker is deposited in your hair, it stays there. I don't believe you have to much to worry about given the amount of time that has passed. Push off the test as long as you can of course, but I don't believe you have a lot to worry about.

15. My story:

I am late 30s, physically fit, sweat a fair amount, outside fairly often with a decent metabolism. I ingested maybe 3-4, 10mg edibles 1/5 of an edible at a time in late May over the course of 4 days. Maybe one, 10mg edible between late May and late June. In late June, I ate another 4, 10mg edibles over the course of 5 days. Then I had maybe 2 edibles between late June and mid-July. I then consumed 1/2 of a 10mg edible AND THEN READ, while i was high, THAT A NEW JOB WANTED A HFT!!

I promptly did the mc method a bunch and took a test 5 days later and passed. I then had to take another HFT 3 weeks later. I bleached my hair and died twice, along with doing the MC method and using aloe rid and all of the harsh shampoos i could find.

What do you all think? Should I be clear?

16. I am in a similar situation but consumed more edibles. A lot depends on metabolism, health and diet and physical activity. I passed one (which i took 5 days after eating about 5mg of THC) and had to take another one 3 weeks later. Still waiting and extremely nervous but think i will likely be ok. I bet you will be fine.

17. Did you pass??

18. I have a hair follicle test coming up. I have never smoked or consumed weed in my entire life but my girlfriend smokes daily and I’m usually around. Mostly in an open room like the living room or the bedroom (window cracked) will I fail my hair follicle test? Am I being paranoid or should I be worried?

19. you are being paranoid. no need to worry at all

20. Marijuana is legal in Nevada. LEGAL. So what is with the drug test. Do they test for alcohol? Nicotine?