Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. Here's where I'm at:
    I started doing stuff to my hair on 10/8. I wasn't keeping thorough track of everything until recently.
    10/8: Vinegar and Tide for 30 min (didn't have T sal yet).
    10/9: Vinegar and baking soda for 30 min.
    10/10: Vinegar and baking soda for 30 minutes.
    10/11-10/15: I didn't do anything
    10/16: haircut, 7 inches in the front, and VERY short in the back.
    10/17: Vinegar, baking soda, T-sal From here on out, every rinse that I did, I used T-sal
    10/18: same as 10/17, but I think I did another baking soda
    10/19: Vinegar, T-Sal, tide, T-sal
    10:20: Vinegar, T Sal Tide, T-sal, T-sal again for 15 min, and then used baking soda for 15 minand then went into the sauna that night. By this time, my scalp was starting to get sore, and I burnt my ears
    10/21: Tide, Rinse with t-sal, Vinegar, T-sal, Ringse again (OUCH)
    10/22:20 min baking soda, 20 min Tide, 10 min Vinegar and used a hair dryer both times. Then added t-sal and rinsed with more.
    *Bleached Hair and dyed hair to Pink (my hair was already blond with highlights and lowlights, so adding more bleach was out of the question. My skin is sore, my neck and ears are both red despite putting vaseline on.
    Changed my sheets, pillow case, bought new pillows and new hairbrush.
    My husband also uses, so I cleaned the whole apartment today, including spraying fabric cleaner on the couches, bought him his own hairbrush and we are keeping them completely separate.
    * I am 30 days sober today.

Have any thoughts as to how I am doing? My plan is to go to my hairstylist next week and have her bleach my hair and make it look more normal. Been reading up on MUDD and having doubts. Old Style Aloe Rid expired a LONG time ago and I'm having doubts that these companies actually have stock remaining and if they do, it expired god knows when. I consulted hair razor, even though I had my doubts due to their website containing numerous grammar errors. They told me that since my hair is already bleached blond, that my hair would MELT. Fuck that.

Thursday it will be 3 weeks since a company said that they were reporting a positive urine drug screen to the BON-this was pre-employment. I still haven't heard anything from them, but I have read that sometimes it takes 3-6 weeks for them to get back to you. This sounds fishy because why would they allow someone to keep working as a nurse if this happened?

3. It will take some time for the BON to notify you. What state are you in. I am in Florida. Honestly, a negative hair test won't chane things. You will be referred to your states monitoring program. You will be required to get an evaluation $1,000 and they will hair test you then plus observed urine and PETH test a blood test that can detect any alchol consumption in past 3 to 4 weeks. So do not drink at all a month before your evaluation. Hopefully you did not test positive for any opiates or you will most likely end up with a key restriction. If no benzodiazepine you can probably go on vivitol injection in lieu of key restriction. Vivitrol is very expensive. Save your $ now. You are going to need it. We can talk privately if you want. Many in my nurse support group ended up in program because of failed pre emploment drug test. You aren't getting out of this unless by grace of God they didn't report you. Unfortunately, since you were reported to the BON you will end up with a public complaint and discipline on your lisence.

4. I can't tell you how many nurses end up with 5 year contracts for failed pre emploment drug screen for THC. Also, after the evaluation you will have to go to treatment. Most likely outpatient since this is your first problem. You won't be able to work until evaluation, treatment is complete and you are cleared to work. Then you will check in online with affinityehealth every Monday through Friday to see if you are selected for drug testing. We get 2 urine tests a month sonetimes 3 and special tests at random meaning bood and hair. Very expensive $55 urine $110 blood $240 hair. You have to go to nurse support group once a week $75 a month. It is overwhelming but many of us do it and it becomes the norm. I am 3 years into my 5 year contract but I have been in since 2011 because I messed up twice positive drug screen and had to refrain from nursing, get anothet evaluation go to residential treatment and start back on day one of the 5 year contract.

5. Btw, you will pass hair test. The bleach and dyeing will seal the deal. Just stay sober you will pass. They only test 1.5 inches. You will have that new growth by test time.

6. One more thing. Please make sure you have at least 2 inches of hair in the crown area or they will want fingernails instead!

7. I am in Minnesota. I heard that are program here doesn't cost very much except you have to pay for urine test and buy the kits to mail to them. I'm hoping by the grace of God that they didn't report me. It's been 3 weeks now and still nothing. How long do you think it takes for them to contact me? I am starting a new job that does NOT involve passing any type of medication and I'm very excited for this opportunity. I plan on going in fighting tooth and nail to not get into that program. I plan to present my own negative hair test (I have a psychmedics test here and am going to the lab to have them cut it next week). So if they want to drug test me by hair then when they get a hold of me, then do it. That one will be negative too. Who knows. I'm so stressed out and cry myself to sleep all the time. I hate this.

9. Just breath. It is going to be okay no matter what. I know it is stressful waiting and wondering. Did they say they were going to report or you are assuming they will? Hopefully you end up hearing nothing. Was this urine test done at a lab? Did they do a split specimen. If they didn't fill up 2 tubes then it can't be retested. I would insist the positive was a mistake. Was this pre employment or while on the job? Try, try try to keep calm and believe it will turn out ok. I think it could take awhile to hear from BON. Several months.

10. They called to tell me that I failed the test and that it is a reportable offense to the BON. Yes, my test was done at a lab and after talking to some people, nothing they did was correct. There was no sticker or anything for me to verify my name. She was still cleaning up after the last person. So she typed my information into her computer, ripped about some package, and gave me a cup that looked nothing like a urine cup and then had me initial a sticker. It look more like a small container that we would use to measure I&O. I came out and gave it to her my cup. She made some comment about my pretty necklace and then told me to go out the door. I never saw two tubes or two containers. I never got to see her pour my pee into ANYTHING. I had no idea at the time how this all works and I thought for sure I would b clean anyway, so I wasn’t too concerned about it.
    It was pre-employment. I had quit my last job as an RN a few months ago after breaking my ribs. I took some time off to let myself heal and in the meantime was helping my husband get his company up and running. But then BAM. I failed the urine test and didn’t get the job and they said it’s reportable.
    Why the hell does it take the board to contact you. If you test positive wouldn’t they want to get a hold of you right away?

11. The MRO did call me and boy were they rude. They told me it was positive for coke and that if I didn’t believe it, I could pay $250 to have the same sample tested. I figured, well if the first test was positive, what would testing th same urine do. Nothing. I also read that by law they cannot report WHAT you were positive for, but just that you failed a test. I was expecting to fail because I take Ativan, but turns out they weren’t testing for that. I’ve never been in any trouble, never had anything against my license, no DWI’s or anything. I was hoping that when I get contacted I can show them my own negative hair test. And if they want me to take one, I’ll be clean for that one too.

12. Coke can stay 6 or more days. Definitely not 3 or 4 days like you read online. They said it is reportable but did not say they would report. Let me give you an example. I diverted ended up in the program in 2011. Oct 27 th 2011 I got arrested for cocaine possession and quit IPN ( our monitoring program) ended up getting dui on xanax went to jail for 40 days. The department of health came to the jail twice to question me and my nursing lisence did not get energency suspension until Feb the following year. Then in June or July of that same year the BON offered a settlement agreement huge fine and back to IPN if I wanted to keep my lisence. So it took a long time. My problems were much worse and look I am here to tell you I made it through and am working as an RN.

13. Wow ok. So it could definitely could take some time for them to get to me. Just seems so odd to me that they wouldn’t come to me right away. I start my new job on Monday and I am just hoping that somehow I will sneak through the cracks. I will never ever go back to doing any drugs.
    I really appreciate you talking to me. I need to find something to do other than live in anxiety and cry. And I really don’t want to start this new job and then have to tell them about all this

14. When I started this last contract I finally woke up and had enough of bad consequences. I have no desire to use drugs anymore. Stay clean so you can pass any test if you have to have an evaluation. I don't your own hair test will matter because it can't be proved that you mailed off your own hair but at least you will know if your hair is clean. Bad things happen when we use drugs and Icoke has bad karma. Just do the next right thing and you will get through this. Try to relax your mind. One day at a time.

15. Try to relax. Start your job. Maybe they won't report. It's going to be a tough wondering these next weeks but maybe you will slip through.

16. I was just thinking a nurse in my group failed a pre employment for THC. I will ask her Thursday when I go to group how long it took for the BON to notify her. I will post on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I really appreciate you right now. Thank you for everything!!
    I can’t wait to hear what your friend says

18. The nurse in my group said it took 2 months to hear from BON

19. Holy shit 2 months! Wow. Ok so they really do take forever to get back to you. I mailed in my sample hair to Psychemedics yesterday. IF that comes back negative, I am going to a legit lab to get a test and have those results on hand with me to present to the board. Think that will be helpful or are you thinking they will throw me in the program no matter what?

20. If they actually did report you then I believe you will get referred to your monitoring program. The program will want you to have an evaluation and then you will have to go to treatment. Let's just pray the didn't report! No matter what you will get through this. I promise you it is not as bad as it seems.